Apply to UNC
This is the first step to using the GI Bill® and other VA education benefits at the University of Northern Colorado. Applications for upcoming fall semester open August 1st of the previous year.
Eligible for Veteran Benefits?
The first thing you need to do is apply for educational benefits through the Veteran’s Administration.
The application for educational benefits must be completed even if you are receiving transferred benefits from a family member.
Apply for your VA benefits at https://www.va.gov/education/how-to-apply/.
- Apply for benefits (Make sure your mailing address is updated in eBenefits)
- Access Personal Military Documents (DD-214, Medical Records, etc. ) at https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/manage/documents
Apply and Authorize COF
Accept your College Opportunity Fund or "COF." It is Colorado’s way of providing financial support for resident undergraduate students.
The VA and Financial Aid
Students utilizing VA Educational Benefits may also utilize Financial Aid opportunities as well, if they choose. In order to apply for Financial Aid, you must apply through the FAFSA website. This link can be found through Ursa, under the “Financial” tab
Submit Veteran Certification Request (VCR)
- Watch your Bearmail for further information or denial
- Certification Process
- Step 1 - Hours submitted to VA upon acceptance of VCR.
- Step 2 - Tuition and Fees (selected Chapters).
- Calculated after the drop deadline of the current term
If you have questions, please contact a School Certifying Official (SCO) at SCO.VA@unco.edu or call us at 970-351-4UNC (4862).