Jump to main content

Enrollment/Degree Verification

Enrollment status is determined by the number of credits for which you are enrolled during the term in which certification is requested. Courses you are auditing, incompletes, or courses you have withdrawn from are not included.

Undergraduate Students


12 or more credit hours

Three-quarter time

9 to 11 credit hours


6 to 8 credit hours

 Less than half-time

5 or less credit hours

Graduate Students


9 or more credit hours


5 to 8 credit hours

 Less than half-time

 4 or less credit hours

  • Enrollment Verification for Current Semester

    UNC submits enrollment information to the National Student Clearinghouse on a monthly basis. The first enrollment submission is made after the drop deadline of the corresponding semester.

    To obtain a free official Enrollment Certificate through Student Self-Service:

    1. Log into Ursa
    2. From the Student Tab, Under Useful Links - Students Applications, click on the Clearinghouse Enrollment Verification. This will take you to the National Student Clearinghouse website. (Please check for pop-up blocker if website does not come up)
    3. Click on "Obtain an Enrollment Certificate", Current enrollment to view and print an official enrollment certificate.
    4. You may also view enrollment information on file and student loan deferment notifications provided to your loan holders.

    If you need a verification that requires more information than is available on the enrollment certificate, please stop by our office or contact us at 970-351-4UNC (4862).

  • Enrollment Verification for Previous Semester or Former Students

    If you need proof of enrollment for prior semesters, you may:

    1. Order an official transcript (See transcript order information)
    2. Email your specific request to registrar@unco.edu
    3. Contact our office
      1. Phone: 970-351-4UNC (4862)
      2. In person: 1051 22nd Street, Campus Commons 2120, Greeley, CO 80639
    4. You may also obtain a fee-based verification from the My Student Center at the National Student Clearinghouse.
  • Degree Verification

    Verification of your degree may be found at the top of your academic transcript once degrees are posted and diplomas also serve as verification of degree. Diplomas are mailed out several weeks after graduation. Information on diploma and transcript release dates.

    To order a transcript, Visit the Transcript Order page.

    To order a replacement diploma, Visit the Diploma re-issue page.

  • Third-Party Requests

     For employers and other institutions seeking information on students and formers students, fee-based verification services are provided by the National Student Clearinghouse