Was a course you were hoping to take full? Take a deep breath – we offer a waitlist option for the fall and spring semesters. While this doesn’t guarantee you’ll be able to take the course you wanted, you can get in line.
Automated waitlisting lets you add yourself to a waitlist for a class that’s full (see the Waitlisting for Students Help Sheet for instructions on how to do so through Ursa). Not all courses will have a waitlist option. If a spot opens up, we’ll send you an email in Bear Mail according to your position on the waitlist. Once you receive that email, you’ll have 24 hours to register for the class – if you do not take action with the 24 hour period, you’ll be dropped from the waitlist and the open seat will be available to the next person on the waitlist.
General Waitlist Guidelines
- Waitlist is based on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Waitlist holds a spot in line should a seat become available – it does not guarantee a seat in the class.
- You’ll receive an automatic notification via Bear Mail once a seat becomes available – so make sure to check your Bear Mail frequently!
- If notified, you’ll have a 24-hour time limit, starting when the email was sent, to register. You are not automatically enrolled in the course.
- If you do not register within 24 hours, you will be dropped from the waitlist and the next student will be notified.
- Waitlist is available up to the last day to add a class in Ursa; regular late-add procedures will apply after this point.
- Not all courses will make a waitlist available.
- Any registration restrictions such as holds, prerequisites, co-requisites, cohorts, time conflicts, etc. will still apply before being able to add yourself to a waitlist.
- You cannot waitlist for a different section of a course you are already registered for, nor can you waitlist for more than one section of the same course.
- When to Register
- Common Holds & Registration Errors
- Add/Drop/Withdrawal/Audit Classes
- Complete Schedule Withdrawal
- Finding your Advisor
- Registration Appeals
- Course Prefixes and Numbers
- Course Load
- Repeating a Course
- Class Waitlists
- Directed Study/Non-Scheduled Courses
- UNC-AIMS Cooperative
- Non-Degree Registration Options