Receiving Your Undergraduate Diploma
Diplomas will be mailed to all students two weeks after the release of official transcripts. Any changes to your diploma mailing address need to be updated 30 days prior to the diploma release date in order to be used.
If you update your address after your graduation date, you will need to contact the Office of the Registrar at 970-351-4UNC (4862).
- Current Semester Graduates
Diplomas will be mailed to all students two weeks after the release of official transcripts.. Your Diploma mailing (DI) address needs to be updated 30 days prior to the diploma release date in order to be used.
To Update Your Address
- On the Student tab of Ursa, in the Personal Information area, click the Update Addresses and Phones link.
- At the bottom of the page, click the drop down next to Type of Address to Insert, select Diploma Mailing and click Submit.
- Enter the current date in the Valid From field and leave the Until This Date field blank.
- Enter the address where you would like to receive your diploma.
- You may change your Diploma Mailing (DI) address through the Update Address and Phones link on Ursa. Visit the Diploma-Transcript Release page for dates and deadlines.
If you do not have an active mailing address, your diploma will not be printed. Within a year from the date of graduation, you may request a diploma be printed for no charge. After the one-year time period, you will be required to pay the diploma re-issue fee.
If you have a hold on your account, your diploma will not be printed. Within a year from the date of graduation, you may request a diploma be printed for no charge. After the one-year time period, you will be required to pay the diploma re-issue fee.
Please contact the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com or 970-351-4UNC (4862).
- Previous Semester Graduates
Please contact the Office of the Registrar at 970-351-4UNC (4862) if . . .
- Your diploma was never mailed because of no address
- You updated your address after your graduation date
We will hold diplomas for one year. After one year, all diplomas will be recycled and a fee will be required to re-issue the diploma.
Reissue of Your Diploma
Alumni of UNC can order a re-issue diploma through the Parchment exchange website
- If you have created an account, please click Sign in and follow the directions in the website.
- If you have not already created an account, please click on Create Account.
Red asterisked items must match exactly in order to verify your identity within our system. All other items will be used to authenticate your identity. Please complete the entire form. Email Address and Password are required to create an account. You'll need your Bear Number.
Note: All students have retroactively been assigned a bear number.
If you have any questions about setting up a Parchment account or are experiencing issues with ordering, please call 888-666-9408. If you have questions relating to UNC coursework or account holds, please contact 970-351-4UNC (4862) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Replacement diplomas bear the statement "Reissued Diploma" and are signed by the current signatories.
Reissued diplomas cannot be ordered before a degree is awarded.
Note: If you never received your original diploma and you have graduated in the last year please contact the Office of the Registrar before placing an order. If your diploma was not picked up after one year, your diploma will be recycled and a reissued diploma order will be required to re-issue your diploma.
|Standard - USPS Direct Mail**||10 business days||$25|
|**Standard orders are placed every Friday at 9am MST.|
|Rush - UPS Ground*||5 business days||$40|
|Rush - UPS 2nd Day Air*||5 business days||$50|
|Rush - UPS Next Day Air*||5 business days||$80|
|Immediate - UPS Overnight*||24 hours||$100|
| International Rush -
UPS Global Express*
|5 business days||$100|
| International Immediate -
UPS Global Express*
*Production begins the same day for all orders placed
***Prices above are for one diploma and shipping, each additional diploma is $20.