Registration appeals apply only to the current semester’s registrations and must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar before the end of the semester.
You may find yourself in need of filing a registration appeal in the following cases:
- You need to drop or withdraw from a course after the deadline.
- You’re requesting an adjustment to the tuition and fees charged to you despite your withdrawal from a course.
Appeal Process and Submission
- Complete the Registration Appeal form and submit all required documentation. Failure to submit documentation may result
in your appeal being denied. The documentation should include the description of the
circumstances and reasons for the appeal.
- Attachment of documentation is required for form submission. If you are only submitting a personal statement, type in the Personal Statement section type "See Attached" and attach your personal statement (Word or PDF).
- If you received financial aid, indicate that on the appeal form so it is routed to Financial for approval.
- Submit the form. Since the form is an electronic form, you will receive notification that the form has been submitted to the Office of the Registrar. Once a decision has been made, you will receive an email letting you know that decision.
- When to Register
- Common Holds & Registration Errors
- Add/Drop/Withdrawal/Audit Classes
- Complete Schedule Withdrawal
- Finding your Advisor
- Registration Appeals
- Course Prefixes and Numbers
- Course Load
- Repeating a Course
- Class Waitlists
- Directed Study/Non-Scheduled Courses
- Independent Study Courses
- UNC-AIMS Cooperative
- Non-Degree Registration Options
Get the Form