2021-22 Catalogs Available
The completed 2021-2022 catalogs are now available online (for PDF and printed copies, select "Print Version" in each catalog).
2022-23 Review Catalogs Available
The draft 2022-2023 catalogs are now available online. Approved curriculum changes are updated on an ongoing basis in the review catalogs.
- Submitting Curriculum
Submissions for Course, Program, Variable Title, Narrative and Faculty updates are submitting and approved through an electronic workflow.
Other miscellaneous forms may be filled out and submitted to the Office of the Registrar separately. See links below to submit these forms.
Access & Logging in
Access to the Curriculum Workflow can be found in URSA under the Employee tab > Employee Tools > General Information > Curriculum Workflow. You will use your UNC credentials to login to the system.
- If you are a faculty or staff member who creates and submits curriculum proposals, you will have this basic access with your UNC login. You will be able to view and track the proposals you submit.
- If you are an approver (Chair/Director, Committee Chair, Dean, etc.), your access should have been requested by your College. Please contact your supervisor and/or College Dean's Office regarding your college or department's review process.
Curriculum PDF Forms
Select change types are not part of the current workflow. To make these updates, please download the below forms and submit. Some items, such as course fee forms and four year plans/transfer guides, may also be included with curriculum submissions in the workflow for convenience.
- Course Fee Form
- Extended Campus Course form
- Extended Campus Non-Credit Course form
- See "Academic Plan Templates" below for four year plan and transfer guide templates
Submit Forms to Depository
Submit Extended Campus Forms: Email to Shonna.Ulibarri@unco.edu (submission form coming soon).
- Curriculum Deadlines
Registrar's Office Curriculum Deadlines
NOTE: Respective curriculum workflow submissions must be approved by the College Dean on or before the Curriculum Deadlines listed below.
Check with your College Dean's office for college-specific deadlines.
Course & Program Updates
Deadline: December 31, 2021
All new, revised, and deactivated courses and programs should be submitted by this deadline.
Deadline: November 1, 2021
Only NEW courses and programs may be submitted for the Spring Addendum catalog.
Faculty & Narrative Updates
Deadline: March 1, 2022
Faculty and Narrative updates are non-curriculum catalog changes.
Special Council Deadlines
NOTE: Use these earlier deadlines to ensure proposals have time to be reviewed by Liberal Arts Council (LAC) and Professional Education Council (PEC), if applicable.
Check with your College Dean's office for college-specific deadlines.
Professional Education Council (PEC)
PEC approval is required for curriculum items that affect programs in teacher preparation.
*Deadlines vary - see PEC website for all deadlines. This deadline is the final deadline for review of courses/programs for the 2022-23 catalog.
Liberal Arts Council (LAC) and Guaranteed Transfer Pathways (gtP)
Deadline: November 1, 2021
LAC approval is required for new courses and revised courses that affect the Liberal Arts Core. Courses being submitted for inclusion in the state's Guaranteed Transfer Pathways will also be reviewed by the Council.
- Reviewing & Tracking Curriculum Updates
Tracking and Reviewing Curriculum
The Review Catalogs are draft versions of the catalogs for the next academic year, and they will be updated as changes are approved. If your curriculum submission is listed in "Archived Proposals" in the Curriculum Workflow and/or you've received the email noting curriculum has been approved, you should see the changes reflected in the Review Catalog.
If you would like an updated PDF of a particular program or catalog page, use the "Print this page" option on the right-side navigation to print directly to PDF.
Throughout the process, you will be able to track proposals as they navigate through the workflow. You will see proposals in the "Curriculum Home" and "Curriculum Dashboard" tabs. The Dashboard will allow you to search and filter, but both options will show the name of the proposal, change type, and workflow step. The "My Items" tab will show items that are in your queue for approval or saved as a draft. For example, if you are the Chair of an academic department, any proposals that need your approval will be housed here.
To view approved curriculum in the workflow system, navigate to the "Archived Proposals" tab. Proposals will appear here after final approval is given. In the top left corner of this tab, select the catalog year the proposal(s) were submitted for, or select "Removed Proposals" for denied items. It will default to the upcoming catalog/current curriculum cycle.
View the final form by clicking on the name of the proposal. The proposal will allow you access to:
- The full, final form that was approved including all course/program data as it should appear in the Review Catalog.
- The "Compare Versions" option, which will give a visual showing of what information was updated during the process.
- The "Audit Trail" which will show the proposal's progression through the workflow, including who submitted, approved at various steps, and any comments placed by users during review.
- Any attached documentation (course syllabi, four year plans, etc.).
Curriculum Tracker (Previous Process)
The Registrar's Curriculum Tracker will no longer be used to store and track curriculum updates each year for curriculum revisions. For information on curriculum submitted for the 2019 catalog and earlier, please contact Meagan Crews or Kimberly Betz.
- Minor Catalog Revisions
Submissions for Minor Catalog Updates
To facilitate expedited review and updates for non-curricular and non-content requests (such as formatting, spelling/grammar, or contact information), please use the below form to request changes to the catalog. Whenever possible, submissions should be included on forms in the Curriculum Workflow and follow standard curriculum deadlines.
Please note that while we can make updates in the online catalog through this process, only those submitted by the Narrative/Faculty Deadline (March 1) are guaranteed to be reflected in the printed catalog for the upcoming year.
Eligible updates include:
Contact information updates
- Department contact name, website URLs, physical location, phone/fax/email
- Removal of faculty/staff names upon death or termination from university (other faculty changes should be submitted through curriculum workflow)
- Department/College name on Course Prefix pages
- Updates to the order of courses within a program (that do not alter requirements), e.g., reordering for proper alphabetical order
- Re-order of program sections (that do not alter program requirements)
- General formatting, spacing or heading issues
- Spelling, grammar, punctuation corrections that do not alter meaning
- Broken or incorrect URLs/links to replace with correct link
- Request to correct information inputted incorrectly by mistake (revisions to previously approved/correct content should go through curriculum approval)
Expedited Curriculum Submission Form
- Reference & Training Documents
Training and Reference
Curriculum Workflow Training Documents
- Fall 2020 Curriculum & Catalog Workshop
- Workflow Overview
- Creating and Submitting Curriculum
- Reviewing Curriculum
- Tracking Curriculum
- New Workflow Updates (Spring 2020)
- Revised Workflow Charts
- New function: Impacted Department Review
- Updated function: Submitting and Reviewing LAC Courses
- Revised LAC Structure (2021-22 Catalog)
- LAC Catalog Template (Word)
- LAC Catalog Template - Example 1 (Africana Studies B.A.) (Word)
- LAC Catalog Template - Example 2 (Biological Sciences B.S.) (Word)
- LAC Credit Calculator (Excel)
- Revising Programs in Workflow for new LAC structure
- Course Fee Request Form (Budget Office)
- Course Syllabus Checklist
- Curriculum Approval Policy (University Regulations, Part 5)
- Designated University Course Numbers & Definitions
- Four-Year Plans
- Instruction Course Types/Codes (with minimum contact hour ratios by schedule type)
- New Degree/Program Planning Proposal
- Undergraduate Statewide Articulation Agreements and Institutional Transfer Guides
- Catalog Homepage
- CDHE Guaranteed Transfer and Guided Pathways (gtP)
- Department of Education - Program Integrity Information
- Higher Learning Commission (HLC) - Assignment of Credits, Program Length and Tuition
- Liberal Arts Council
- Professional Education Council (PEC)
- Office of the Registrar
Helpful Insight Reports
- Course Coding and Information
- To view all active courses and all of their Banner data (e.g. codes, prerequisites, descriptions, restrictions, etc.), view the report CRS069 Course Catalog Report.
- To view current course default codes (e.g., division, department, organization, taxonomy, and CIP codes), view the report CRS049 SCACRSE Default Codes.
- To check if a particular course number has been used within the last 10 years, view the report CRS042 CRS Ten Years.
- To view current courses coded as Variable Titles and all of the current approved titles, view the report CRS085 Variable Title Courses.
- Program Coding:
- To view program code information (e.g. department, org, division, taxonomy, etc.), view the report CRS057 CIP/Department/Taxonomy Codes for Curriculum Review.
- Academic Plan Templates
Academic Plan Templates
Use the below templates for the upcoming catalog to submit new four year plans for each bachelor's degree and transfer guides for each community college. Please note new templates are in a fillable PDF format. Please submit plans to the Curriculum Depository.
UNC Four Year Plans
UNC & Community College Transfer Guides