Action Item Processing
Directions for completing the Action Item Processing requirement can be found here.
Register for Classes
Dates for Fall 2023
- Graduate: April 3, 2023 at 7 a.m.
- Undergraduate: April 4, 2023 at 7 a.m.
See Registration Dates schedule for priority registration dates
Add classes deadline - Full Term: Friday, August 25, 2023
Drop classes deadline - Full Term: Friday, September 1, 2023.
Special Term/Short Course deadlines - See "Your Course Drop/Withdrawal Deadlines" link on the Student Tab in Ursa.
Dates for Summer 2023
Registration opens for all students on April 3, 2023 at 7 a.m.
See Academic Calendar for add and drop deadlines.
- When to Register
- Common Holds & Registration Errors
- Add/Drop/Withdrawal/Audit Classes
- Complete Schedule Withdrawal
- Finding your Advisor
- Registration Appeals
- Course Prefixes and Numbers
- Course Load
- Repeating a Course
- Class Waitlists
- Directed Study/Non-Scheduled Courses
- UNC-AIMS Cooperative
- Non-Degree Registration Options
- Log in to Ursa.
- Go to the Student Tab and click on Register for Classes
- Click on the Register, Add or Drop Classes link.
- Choose the appropriate term and enter your PIN if asked.
- If you know the CRN of the course you want to take, enter it in the Add Classes Worksheet. If not, you may search for the course using the Class Search button.
- When finished, select Acknowledge/Submit.
Using your Pin
You’ll need a new alternate PIN each semester for your initial registration only. To obtain your alternate PIN, please schedule an advising appointment with your advisor at least two weeks prior to your registration date.
Undergraduate students require a new alternate PIN each semester with the exception of:
- Nursing majors
If your major is undeclared or you are in a Learning Community, please make an appointment with Soar.
Tips Regarding your Pin
If you misplace your PIN, please contact your advisor.
Graduate students, Non Degree students and those registering for summer classes don't need a pin.
Closed Class Overrides
Instructors are the only ones who may give you permission to enter closed or restricted classes.
Before you can register, you’ll need to contact the instructor and ask them for a release. Once they’ve done the release in Ursa, you will need to register yourself by going to the Student Tab of Ursa, then to Add/Drop Courses where you’ll enter the CRN directly into the worksheet.