Register for Classes
redo Dates for Fall 2020
Registration opens at 7 a.m.
April 6 for Graduate Students
April 7 for Undergraduate Students (See Registration Dates schedule for priority registration dates)
Add classes deadline-Full Term*
Friday, August 28
Drop classes deadline-Full Term*
Friday, September 4
*Courses that do not meet the entire semester have their own add/drop/withdrawal and grade replacement deadlines. Please see "Your Course Drop/Withdrawal Deadlines" on the Student tab in Ursa or see the Special Term/Short Course Deadline report.
redo Dates for Summer 2020
Registration opens at 7 a.m.
April 6 for all students
Summer registration deadlines*
See Special Term/Short Course Deadline Report
*Please see "Your Course Drop/Withdrawal Deadlines" on the Student tab in Ursa for your registered course drop/withdrawal deadlines.
- Log in to Ursa.
- Go to the Student Tab and click on “Register for Classes.”
- Click on the "Register, Add or Drop Classes" link.
- Choose the appropriate term and enter your PIN number if asked.
- If you know the CRN number of the course you want to take, enter it in the Add Classes Worksheet. If not, you may search for the course using the Class Search button.
- When finished, click Acknowledge/Submit.
AIMS Cooperative, high school concurrent, and senior citizens: Contact the Office of the Registrar to complete your registration.
For more detailed instructions, visit our Registration Assistance page
Check out the new Banner 9 Self-Service Registration Module
Using Your Pin
You’ll need a new alternate PIN each semester for your initial registration only. To obtain your alternate PIN, please schedule an advising appointment with your advisor at least two weeks prior to your registration date.
Undergraduate students require a new alternate PIN each semester with the exception of:
- Nursing majors
- Junior and Senior Business Majors (exceptions: CIS and Software Engineering majors)
If your major is undeclared or you are in a Learning Community, please make an appointment with SOAR.
infoTips regarding your pin
- If you misplace your PIN number, please contact your advisor.
- Graduate students, Non Degree students and those registering for summer classes don't need a pin.
Closed Class Overrides
Instructors are the only ones who may give you permission to enter closed or restricted classes. Before you can register, you’ll need to contact the instructor and ask them for a release. Once they’ve done the release on Ursa, you will need to register yourself by going to the Student Tab of Ursa, then to Add/Drop Courses where you’ll enter the CRN directly into the worksheet.
- When to Register
- Common Holds & Registration Errors
- Add/Drop/Withdrawal Classes
- Complete Schedule Withdrawal
- Finding your Advisor
- Registration Appeals
- Course Prefixes and Numbers
- Course Load
- Repeating a Course
- Class Waitlists
- Directed Study/Non-Scheduled Courses
- Independent Study Courses
- UNC-AIMS Cooperative
- Non-Degree Registration Options