Holds and Error Messages
To determine if you have any holds that would prevent registration:
- Log in to Ursa
- Click on the Student Tab
- Under “Register for Classes,” click on the "Registration Status" link
- When prompted, select the semester you are inquiring about from the drop-down menu.
If you see a message that says you have a hold on your account, go to the bottom of the page and click on "View Holds" to see a detailed list of your holds.
Here is a list of some common holds.
To have a hold released, you should contact the department that placed the hold (. you’ll be able to see the department on the detailed list of your holds).
Common Registration Error Messages
We’ve put together a list of some common error and restriction messages to help you get through the process smoothly and confidently. For some of these error messages, it may be possible to receive an instructor override, in which case you should email your instructor to ask for assistance. All UNC emails are firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When to Register
- Common Holds & Registration Errors
- Add/Drop/Withdrawal Classes
- Complete Schedule Withdrawal
- Finding your Advisor
- Registration Appeals
- Course Prefixes and Numbers
- Course Load
- Repeating a Course
- Class Waitlists
- Directed Study/Non-Scheduled Courses
- Independent Study Courses
- UNC-AIMS Cooperative
- Non-Degree Registration Options