Holds and Error Messages
To determine if you have any holds that would prevent registration:
- Log in to Ursa
- Click on the Student Tab
- Under “Registration Information,” click on the "View Your Holds" link
Here is a list of some common holds.
To have a hold released, you should contact the department that placed the hold
* If you have a hold not listed, please contact the Office of the Registrar for assistance.
Common Registration Error Messages
We’ve put together a list of some common error and restriction messages to help you get through the process smoothly and confidently. For some of these error messages, it may be possible to receive an instructor override, in which case you should email your instructor to ask for assistance. All UNC emails are firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When to Register
- Common Holds & Registration Errors
- Add/Drop/Withdrawal/Audit Classes
- Complete Schedule Withdrawal
- Finding your Advisor
- Registration Appeals
- Course Prefixes and Numbers
- Course Load
- Repeating a Course
- Class Waitlists
- Directed Study/Non-Scheduled Courses
- UNC-AIMS Cooperative
- Non-Degree Registration Options