The University of Northern Colorado offers Registration Waitlists during the Fall and Spring semesters for students attempting to register for undergraduate and graduate course sections that have reached capacity.
- What courses are eligible for Registration Waitlist?
Not all courses will have a waitlist option; waitlist participation is up to the instructor/department.
- How does a student get on a Registration Waitlist for a section?
If a student would like to register for a course that is closed and has waitlist available, they will need to register for the course by adding the course to their pending course summary and then selecting 'Waitlisted' under the action drop down.
- How is a student notified if a space in their waitlisted course becomes available?
Students will receive an email notification to their BearMail account when there is an opening in the respective waitlisted course(s). They are also given a deadline by which they must register for the section or be dropped from the waitlist for that section.
- How long does a student have to register for a course once notified?
Students must register for the waitlisted course in Ursa within 24 hours of receiving the waitlist email notification. If students do not register within 24 hours of receiving the email notification, they will be removed from the waitlist.
- How does a student know their spot on the Registration Waitlist?Students may see where they are on a registration waitlist for a specific section through their Detail Schedule in Ursa.
- Can a student sign up for a waitlist when they haven’t met the prerequisite or don’t
meet the restrictions for the section?No, students must meet the prerequisite and section restrictions in order to sign up for the Registration Waitlist for a section.
- May students still be on a Registration Waitlist if they have failed the in‐progress
prerequisite the prior term?Once a student has signed up on a Registration Waitlist, they are not dropped from it unless they drop themselves. However, if they are notified that a seat is available in a section for which they have failed their in‐progress prerequisite, they will receive a Prerequisite or Test Score needed error and will not be able to register for the section.
- May a student sign up for more than one Registration Waitlist?Students may register for more than one Registration Waitlist. There is no limit. However, students can’t place themselves on multiple waitlist sections for the same course. We strongly urge all students to remove themselves from all Registration Waitlists once their registration has been finalized so that others may have an opportunity to sign up.
- How long does this process go on through the semester?The notification process will go on through the last day to add the course. Any student receiving permission from the department to register for a section after that will need to submit the appropriate late add form to the Office of the Registrar for consideration.
- What is the waitlist cap per course?Each instructor that opts to turn the waitlist feature on for their respective course(s) can set the waitlist cap at any number that allows the instructor to monitor overall demand for their respective course(s). However, the instructor can’t allow more students into any of their respective sections beyond the seat capacity for the room in which the course is offered.
- How does the instructor or department know who is on a Registration Waitlist for their
section or sections?Information regarding the number of students, who they are, and their position on the waitlist, is available through the Class Lists links through Ursa.
- The student received an email informing him/her that a space was available in a section
and he/she could register. However, the student did not read it in time to register
before the 24 hour deadline.Students are responsible to routinely check their BearMail account. Students who miss the 24 hour deadline must re‐register for the Registration Waitlist if they still wish to register for the course/section.
- May a department change a student’s position on the waitlist?No, instructors and departments will not be able to manipulate students’ positions on the Registration Waitlist.
- How does waitlisting impact a student’s Financial Aid?Waitlisted courses do not count toward a student’s enrollment status, full time or part time. Enrollment status directly impacts a student’s financial aid awards/offers. Students must be registered, not waitlisted, for course credit to establish an enrollment status that places them at full time status or part time status. ONLY registered course credit is used to determine financial aid award standing.