UNC-AIMS Cooperative Agreement
If you are a graduate or undergraduate student enrolled for 12 on-campus credits and paying full-time tuition to UNC or Aims Community College, you are eligible to take one undergraduate class (maximum 5 credits) at the other school during the corresponding term without additional tuition charges. Interim term is not included.
The free course at the host school must not be offered at your home school during that same term you are taking the class.
Please refer to Transferology to determine which courses will transfer between Aims and UNC. Equivalent course titles between institutions are listed on the course transfer guide.
UNC students will follow regular admission and enrollment steps at Aims; however, in place of payment, the UNC student complete the Aims cooperative agreement at the Aims Cashier’s Office.
- Must be enrolled in 12 or more semester credits at UNC.
- Can enroll in one undergraduate class of up to 5 semester credits at Aims during a corresponding term without paying tuition to Aims.
- Must pay lab or other course fees, including online course fees.
- Must meet prerequisite requirements.
- Must enroll in a course not offered at UNC that term.
Continuing Education courses do not count in the 12 credit full-time requirement and cannot be taken as the free class.
At the end of the term, students found to be ineligible will be billed for and must pay tuition charges to the host school.
Once the course has been completed, please have an official transcript sent to your home institution in order to receive transfer credit.
- When to Register
- Common Holds & Registration Errors
- Add/Drop/Withdrawal Classes
- Finding your Advisor
- Registration Appeals
- Course Prefixes and Numbers
- Course Load
- Repeating a Course
- Class Waitlists
- Directed Study/Non-Scheduled Courses
- Independent Study Courses
- UNC-AIMS Cooperative
- Non-Degree Registration Options
Get the Form
UNC-AIMS Cooperative Agreement (Aims Students)