Please note: All orders placed are final. Orders cannot be recalled or refunded after an order is submitted by the student. eTranscripts are valid for 30 days. If the recipent does not open an eTranscript, a new order would need to be placed.
- What is an eTranscript?
The eTranscript is a PDF document of your official transcript, which has security features.
- What does an eTranscript look like?
The PDF is identical to the official printed transcript. The eTranscript will include a key on the final page of the document.
- I am having trouble setting up a Parchment Account or ordering a transcript, who can
I contact for assistance?
Please call Parchment directly at 888-666-9408.
- Who accepts eTranscripts?
A valid email is required for delivery of eTranscripts. Please check with the recipient to determine if they will accept eTranscripts as official documents.
- How do I know the eTranscript is real?
Upon opening the document the digital certificate will appear in a pop-up screen or status bar on the document, display a blue ribbon, and declare that the document was certified by the University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, CO, with a valid certificate issued by GlobalSign CA for Adobe. This document certification can be validated by clicking on the Signature Properties of the document.
- What is Blue Ribbon Certification?
The blue ribbon symbol is your assurance that the digital certificate is valid, the document is authentic, and the contents of the transcript have not been altered.
- How do I receive the eTranscript? What do I need?
The recipient will need to have a valid email account, internet access, an up-to-date browser, and the free Adobe Acrobat software, available for download at http://www.adobe.com. The recipient does not need to have an account with the vendor, Parchment.
- How is the eTranscript delivered?
The recipient will receive two emails, an initial email notifying them the document is available. When they click the link in the initial email, a second will be sent which includes the authentication information necessary to download the document.
Please note: Downloading eTranscripts is not recommended for use with Mobile Devices.
NOTE: The transcript itself is not emailed to the recipient. Rather the recipient receives an email with a link which allows them to download the transcript.
- How do I download an eTranscript or how do I request a secure passcode to open my
Approximately 1-2 hours after ordering your eTranscript you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. for detail instructions on downloading/receiving a secure passcode for your eTranscript
- Can I forward the eTranscript to someone else?
It is not permissible to replicate this document or forward it to any person or organization other than the identified recipient. Release of the record or disclosure of its contents to any third party without written consent of the record owner is prohibited.
- How long do I have to download the transcript?
30 days. If the transcript is not downloaded by then, the sender will need to request another transcript.
Please note: you can only download 3 times, so please save your document.
- What if the recipient says they did not get the transcript?
Double check the email address you provided us. Ask the recipient to check their Spam or Junk Mail folder.
- Can an eTranscript be tracked?
The sender can log into their transcript ordering account to determine if the document has been opened by the recipient. This can be viewed on the Order Status tab.
- When creating a student account, what is the Student ID field?
The student ID is the student Bear Number. If you do not know your Bear Number, click on the link located on the account creation page or https://apps.unco.edu/bnLookup/
- I received a message that my transcript requires manual intervention. What does this
If you receive the above message while logging into the site, you attended the University of Northern Colorado prior to Fall 1976. You may still place the order for transcripts, but manual intervention is required and the request will be processed within 2 business days.
- Can I cancel or change my order once it has been submitted?
No, all orders placed are final. Orders cannot be recalled or refunded after an order has been submitted by you.
- How do I check the status of my order?
You will need to log into your account and click on "Order Status". You will be able to view your order history.
- Can someone else pick up my official paper transcript?
When authorizing a 3rd party to pick up an official transcript, the student requesting the transcript must send an authorized email from their Bearmail or email/fax a notarized letter to email@example.com or (970) 351-1870 with the individuals name giving permission to pick up the transcript. The 3rd party must bring a picture ID to pick up the official transcript.
- How do I send an attachment with my official transcript?
All attachments that must be completed by the University of Northern Colorado’s Office of the Registrar must be requested with mailed/pick-up paper official transcript option. All attachments that are placed with an electronic official transcript will not be reviewed by the Office of the Registrar. If the order is sent electronically, the attachment will not be completed and the student must place a new order and select the mailed/pick-up paper option.
- Can an official paper transcript be expedited?
Yes, when you select the paper option when ordering you will have the option to select your mailing type. All expedited Fed-Ex orders must be placed by 3pm MST (Monday-Friday). Anything placed after 3pm MST (Monday-Friday) will be processed the next business day. Any orders placed on weekends will be processed on Monday morning.
- What does hold for grades or degree mean?
If you select the hold for grades or degree option your transcript will be held until the end of the semester selected, when all final grades or degrees are awarded.
- If I change my mind about hold for grades or degree order and need it now, can I change
All orders placed are final, you would have to go into Parchment and an order and additional transcript “now.”
- How do I know when final grades or degrees will be available?
Please to view the Office of the Registrar calendar. The transcript will not be released before the date on the calendar, even if all grades are posted or the degree is awarded early.
- When will I be charged for a hold for grades or degree transcript?
The credit or debit card will be charged at the time the order is placed.
- What if my degree is not awarded?
If a degree is not awarded for any reason the transcript will be held until the degree is awarded in a future semester. The order cannot be adjusted and there will be no refunds provided.
- What is third party ordering?
Third party ordering allows other educational institutions to order a transcript on behalf of a student.
- Who is not permitted to use third party ordering?
Parents, spouses, friends, family members, employers, or those with no legitimate educational interest.
- What information does a third party need to order transcripts on behalf of a student?The third party needs to provide, full name, any former names, and date of birth. Orders sent with incomplete information will not be processed.
- Why is the third party required to upload a consent form signed by the student?A signed consent is required to be FERPA compliant. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. FERPA applies to the education records of persons who are or have been in attendance in post-secondary institutions, including students in cooperative and correspondence study programs, video conference, satellite, internet or other electronic forms.
- How long will it take to receive a third party order?
Normal processing time is about 2 business days. Times may vary over the weekend and during busy times of year.
- How are third party orders received?
Third party orders are only available in eTrancript form. If a paper copy is required, the student will need to order the transcript.