Application for Certificates
Students who intend to complete a undergraduate certificate must apply the semester before completion through the Office of the Registrar. If you are not applying to graduate with a Bachelor's Degree at the same time, a $50.00 application fee will be charged one time per certificate and is applied to your student account. For information on applying for your certificate, see the "How to Apply" section below.
- Certificates can be completed and noted on the transcript at any time of the semester once all requirements have been completed.
- All certificates must be declared in the Fall 2014 catalog and forward in order to complete and cannot be retroactively awarded.
- Any certificate completed in the Fall 2016 catalog and forward will receive an official certificate; certificates cannot be retroactively awarded.
- The catalog used to determine certificate requirements is the catalog in effect at the time the certificate is declared. If a certificate is being completed in conjunction with a major, it does not have to follow the major catalog year.
- To change or declare a certificate, complete and print the Undergraduate Certificate Program form, then submit it to the appropriate academic office(s) for signature approval. The completed form must then be submitted to the Registrar’s Office.
How to Apply
- Please complete the Undergraduate Certificate Completion Application form to apply for your certificate program. Once you have completed the application, please make sure to select the submit button located in the bottom left hand corner of the form.
- Once we receive your completed Undergraduate Completion Certificate Application, we will respond to your Bear email to confirm we have received your application.
- Certificates are not recognized nor awarded at the commencement ceremony
Release of Certificates
- Certificates will be released two weeks after the release of official transcripts that notes the completion of the certificate.
- Certificate mailing addresses must be updated/provided at least three weeks before the release of Certificates. If the student does not provide a certificate mailing address by that time, the student's certificate will be mailed to his or her permanent address. In the event there is no permanent address on file, the parent address will be used instead. If the student does not have an active mailing address on file, his or her certificate will be held for one year. After one year, a fee will be required to re-issue the student's certificate.
- The student may change their Certificate Mailing address through the Update Addresses and Phones link up to three weeks before the certificate release date.
- The student's certificate will not be released if the student has a hold on his or her account. If the student's hold is released after the release date of certificate, please contact the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-351-2231, option 3.