Hello, and welcome to the Student Clubs and Organizations website! We hope this site will serve your needs and provide easy access to essential club information and resources. The students and staff of Student Activities and the Student Senate are committed to serving you, so please let us know how we can improve our services and resources.
CLUB & ORGANIZATION CHARTERING AND FUNDING MEETINGS:
In order to charter and receive funding for the 2014-2015 school year, one officer from each club must attend a chartering meeting. The meetings are as followed:
- August 27th at 3 pm – 4 pm in Spruce A
- August 28th at 3 pm – 4 pm in Aspen B&C
- September 2nd at 5 pm – 6 pm in Spruce A
If your club is unable to attend one of these meetings, please contact The Student Senate Student Trustee, Julie DeJong at Julie.DeJong@unco.edu.
To be a recognized student organization at UNC, groups must submit new chartering information, complete with signatures every year. 2014-2015 Chartering packets will be accepted after a member of the club attends a chartering/funding meeting or makes arrangements with the Student Trustee.
Why charter your club? Here's some of the benefits:
- Eligible student organizations may request financial assistance from Student Senate according to the Student Senate Guidelines for funding student organizations.
- Chartered student organizations may request a mailbox in the Student Activities area.
- Use of most University buildings, facilities, and services at special chartered student organization's rate or free of charge according to prescribed University area policies.
Instructions on the chartering and funding process can be found in the starting a club section and the club funding section. For meeting dates, times, and locations, check out the resource manual and the calendar of events.
If you would like more information, please contact: Julie DeJong, Student Trustee, at Julie.DeJong@unco.edu.