Office of Undergraduate Research
The Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) provides support and recognition for undergraduate student research and creative endeavors for all Colleges at the University of Northern Colorado, furthering the University's goals for active learning, creativity, and original research.
Dr. Janice Dickensheets
Assistant Professor of Music, Music History and Literature
UNC at the National Conference on Undergraduate Research
Five UNC students have been accepted to present at the National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) on April 10-13, 2019, in Kennesaw, GA. These students were selected from more than 4,000 submissions. Congratulations to...
- Jessica Bachman, Cello Performance: "Claude Debussy's Sonata for Cello and Piano: Historical Context of Wartime France"
- Abigail Hayes, Audiology & Speech-Language Sciences: "Accents Matter: Behavioral Responses to Local and Nonlocal Dialects in Four Colorado Wren Species"
- Cameron Kennedy, Evolutionary Biology & Ecology: "The Effect of Urban Landscapes on Grassland Bird Species Diversity and Richness in a Rapidly Urbanizing Area
- Calesia Monroe, Sociology/Africana Studies: "Black Women's Perspectives of 'Hoeing' In and Beyond the HBO Show Insecure"
- Jessie Sutton, Psychology/Gender Studies/Applied Statistics: "Learning Ana-Whatics?: A Qualitative Analysis of What Students and Faculty Know About Learning Analytics"
Cosplaying and Game of Thrones public lecture (sponsored by Neal Cross lecture series and OUR): Friday, March 29, 7-9pm, University Center Panorama Room
OUR and undergraduate research at UNC featured in College-Bound Colorado blog
2018-19 Study and Intern Abroad opportunities available in several fields and locations through City Internships
Summer 2019 Stipend Applications: April 15
Fall 2018 Stipend Reports: April 27
Undergraduate Research Journal: submissions accepted on a continous basis
UNC 2018 Fall Symposium
Congratulations to the winners of UNC's Fall Symposium!
Audiology & Speech-Language Sciences: "Accents Matter: Behavioral Responses to Local and Nonlocal Dialects in Four Colorado Wren Species"
Evolutionary Biology & Ecology: "The Effect of Urban Landscapes on Grassland Bird Species Diversity and Richness in a Rapidly Urbanizing Area"
Psychology/Gender Studies/Applied Statistics: "Learning Ana-Whatics?: A Qualitative Analysis of What Students and Faculty Know About Learning Analytics"
Research Day is a day-long celebration of undergraduate and graduate research. Student presenters will share a wide variety of original research and creative endeavors. Applications for Research Day 2019 are due on Friday, March 1!
Research Day 2019: April 11
Undergraduate Research Journal
The Undergraduate Research Journal (URJ) is published electronically, available via the web and is a fully open access journal. All works published in the URJ are published under an attribution, non-commercial, and share-alike Creative Commons license. Copyright is retained by the author.
Call for Papers
The Office of Undergraduate Research is issuing an ongoing call for papers for the next issue of the Undergraduate Research Journal. Authors must be undergraduates at UNC or must have conducted research considered for publication while an undergraduate at UNC. It is expected that all submissions will have been thoroughly edited by both the student author and the faculty advisor/mentor before submission. Research in all areas is welcome.
The URJ can accept submissions at any time for the next full issue.