User Fees (Fall 2022/Spring 2023)
- Student Only Rate
- Semester Rate - $1,560
- Academic Year Rate - $3,120
- Student Annual Pass
- Annual - $314
- Student Commuter Pass
- Annual $198
- Private Music Fees - $150.00
New Student Success Fee
New and Transfer Students Only
- New Student Success Fee - $260.00 (one time fee)
One-time $260 “Student Success Fee” charged to all new students, whether first-time or transfer. This covers programs and services that are critical to a student’s successful transition to an academic career at UNC.
One of the most obvious components to a successful transition is our orientation program. The program includes learning about UNC resources and hearing expectations as member of the institution.
Other components include:
- Advising related to a student’s academic goals, aptitudes and career goals (which is different than faculty advising about specific courses to take)
- On-going assessment and development of programs that are specifically designed to help students effectively navigate the transition from the mode of learning at a high school or community college and the mode of learning necessary to be successful at a University.
Examples include the development of the University 101 first year seminar and appropriate placement in foundational courses like math and English.