Virtual/Online Opportunities Now Available
Typically, we would we love to host you at our center, however during the transition to online course delivery, we have also made the transition to support your academic and social needs. The staff at Asian Pacific American Student Services is dedicated to providing you with our service with your health and safety in mind, we will continue to offer these services virtually.
Join us online for virtual meetings with current Asian and Pacific Islander and students of color on the following dates at 3 pm MST:
Podcast with Gabby Galamgam and Chyson Pena
In collaboration with UNC’s Cultural Services, current students, Gabby Galamgam and Chyson Pena will host 30-minute conversations with current UNC students of color to help you learn more about UNC and the various opportunities that are available for you.
Summer Podcast Schedule
- Friday, June 5 featuring a student from Asian/Pacific American Student Services
- Friday, June 19 featuring a student from the César Chávez Cultural Center
- Friday, July 3 featuring a student from the Marcus Garvey Cultural Center
- Friday, July 17 featuring a student from Native American Student Services
You can also learn more about what our recent alumni are up to on all of our social media accounts.
If you would like more information about activities we are hosting or learn more about our services, please email us at AsianPacificAmerican.StudentServices@unco.edu. We would love to learn more about you and find ways to support you.
Here at A/PASS we provide services promote the cultural, academic, emotional, and professional success of our Asian and Pacific Islander student population at the University of Northern Colorado. These services entail academic coaching, leadership development, cultural and educational programs, and many more. If we are unable to provide a specific service you are looking for, we can help connect you with various individuals and departments on campus who can.
Asian Pacific American Student Services seeks to foster the academic, social, and cultural identity development of the Asian-Pacific Islander community and to enrich and integrate culture into the University of Northern Colorado. We value culture, authenticity, inclusion, and academic success within our philosophy and services. These services include academic coaching, and leadership development for UNC’s Asian-Pacific Islander student population, as well as, cultural and educational programs for the broader UNC community. APASS staff strives to create a safe, inclusive environment for all who visit the center.
The vision of Asian/Pacific American Student Services is to provide a welcoming and inclusive environment where all Asian and Pacific Islander students at University of Northern Colorado are valued and welcomed.
General Asian Pacific American Student Services Learning Outcomes:
- Describe knowledge of the diverse cultural political and social economic experiences and needs of communities of color.
- Demonstrate practices that promote health, personal growth, and well-being for self and others.
- Demonstrate interpersonal and intrapersonal communication and conflict resolution skills
- Explore and describe salient & intersecting identities
- Apply self-advocacy practices