UNC Counseling Center
The UNC Counseling Center Staff includes licensed professional counselors, licensed psychologists, advanced master’s and doctoral level trainees, new professionals working toward licensure, and administrative staff. We are a team of passionate, caring and committed professionals with experience and expertise in addressing the concerns faced by college students.
- Disaster Distress Hotline: 1-800-985-5990 (press 2 for Spanish), or text TalkWithUs for English or Hablanos for Spanish to 66746. Spanish speakers from Puerto Rico can text Hablanos to 1-787-339-2663.
- Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19 |CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/managing-stress-anxiety.html
- American Psycholigical Association: https://www.apa.org/topics/covid-19
- North Range Cares: https://northrange.hubspotpagebuilder.com/colorado-spirit
- Federal CARES ACT Emergency Funds: https://www.unco.edu/financial-aid/cares-act.aspx
- COVID Testing Kiosk at Nottingham Field: https://www.unco.edu/coronavirus/community-testing.aspx
Services offered to you are confidential, with certain legally mandated exceptions.
Counseling files are not part of University records and cannot be accessed by parents, guardians, university personnel or faculty without the student's written permission. Additionally, your attendance at the Counseling Center cannot be verified without your written consent.
We recognize the impact that the pandemic has on the UNC student body and the community at large. Our services have transitioned to services by phone or online. At this time, we are not offering in-person appointments.
Due to licensing and jurisdiction, we can only provide services to students, faculty and staff residing in the state of Colorado at the time of service delivery. If you are out of state, please contact our office. We will work with you to try and connect you with services in the state in which you are currently residing.
If you are an ongoing client we offer appointments by phone or video. If you have a scheduled appointment, your counselor will contact you a the time of your appointment.