Meal Plan Options
UNC students living on campus are required to carry an On Campus Meal Plan throughout the academic year (per your Housing and Dining contract).
First-year students living in the residence halls are required to carry one of 3 On Campus Meal Plans. If you are considered a sophomore or above in standing (20 years old or 20 earned credit hours), you can choose from 2 additional On Campus Meal Plans. Students who are a sophomore or above in standing who live in Lawrenson Hall, the Arlington Park Apartments, or one of the UNC-owned houses are exempt from the mandatory meal plan requirement -- so they can choose any meal plan (or none).
Students living off campus can also choose to carry any dining contract -- including On Campus Meal Plans, Bear Plans, Dining Dollars, or Bear Plans with Dining Dollars added. Choose what meal plan works best for you!
Dining Contract Portal
Registered students -- use our NEW portal to manage your dining contract during these times:
Fall 2022: open 7/25/22 @ 10am
Spring 2023: open 11/28/22 @ 2pm
All dining contract change / cancellation requests must be completed by 5pm on these dates:
Fall 2022: Friday, September 2
Spring 2023: Monday, January 23
Spring 2023 meal plans will be active at brunch on Saturday, January 7th. Dining Dollars will be active that morning as well.
Meal Plan Options
2022-2023 prices are subject to change until they are officially approved by the Board of Trustees in June 2022. Meals are only valid for the semester the plan is purchased -- they don’t carry forward from Fall to Spring, and there is no monetary refund for uneaten meals.
Great news -- with our new dining software system, your meal plan is adjusted immediately. That means you don't have to wait for us to add your balance manually anymore!
Note: We are sorry for the inconvenience -- due to nationwide supply shortages, some items are temporarily unavailable. If you have specific dietary issues and don't see what you need in the dining room, please speak with a manager. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Use Dining Dollars to purchase food and beverage items at campus retail dining locations using your UNC Card. Many meal plans include Dining Dollars, but you can add them at any time during the year by logging into the online dining contract. (All registered students can purchase Dining Dollars in $25 increments.)
Parents and Support People: With our new dining portal, your student can grant you guest access to their account so you can add Dining Dollars to their account!
Accepted Retail Dining Locations
Use your Dining Dollars all across campus:
- Bears Coffee Shop at Michener Library
- Einstein Bros® Bagels at the University Center
- Hissho Sushi at the University Center
- Munchy Mart™ at the University Center
- Subway® at the University Center
- Vending machines across campus
Dining Dollars are convenient and easy to use.
- UNC Card: Dining Dollars are loaded on your student ID (just like a meal plan), so you can use your card to pay for your retail dining and vending purchases.
- Convenience: No need to carry extra cash when you have your UNC card loaded with Dining Dollars. Purchase most food and beverage items with no sales tax added when using Dining Dollars.
- Carry Forward: Dining Dollars carry forward from Fall to Spring, but they expire the last day of Finals Week in Spring. Summer Dining Dollars are available during summer session only. No refunds are given for unused Dining Dollars -- so be sure to use them.
- Bear On The Run: You are allowed to purchase your Bear On The Run reusable container with Dining Dollars in Holmes or Tobey-Kendel (cost is $5 to participate in the program).
- Safety: If you lose your UNC Card, the Dining Dollars account can be immediately de-activated by contacting the Dining Services Office at 970-351-2652. Once you get a new card, we can re-activate your account.
Guests and visitors are welcome to join us in Holmes Dining Hall and can pay using cash or credit for meals. All prices include tax. Children 3 years old and younger are complimentary.
(13 years old and above)
- $9.50 - Breakfast
- $13.50 - Brunch/Lunch
- $14.00 - Dinner
(4 years old - 12 years old)
- $6.50 - Breakfast
- $9.25 - Brunch/Lunch
- $9.50 - Dinner