Meal Plan Options
UNC students living on campus are required to carry an On Campus Meal Plan throughout the academic year (per your Housing and Dining contract).
First-year students living in the residence halls are required to purchase one of 3 On Campus Meal Plans. If you are considered a sophomore or above in standing (20 years old or 20 earned credit hours), you can choose from additional On Campus Meal Plans. Students who are a sophomore or above in standing and living in Lawrenson Hall, the Arlington Park Apartments, or the UNC-owned houses are eligible to carry any meal plan offered -- or nothing at all.
Students living off campus can also choose to carry any dining contract, including On Campus Meal Plans, Bear Plans, Dining Dollars, or a Bear Plan with Dining Dollars added. It's really up to you!
Fall 2021 meal plans will be active for Dinner on Thursday, August 19. Spring 2022 meal plans will be active for Dinner on Sunday, January 9.
Online Dining Contract
Once you have registered for classes, you can use this contract to purchase a new dining contract (including On Campus Meal Plans, Bonus Meals, Bear Plans, and Dining Dollars) or change the one you already have.
Submitting a "blank" contract does not mean you are requesting to cancel your meal plan.
All dining contract change / cancellation requests must be submitted by 5pm on these dates:
Fall 2021: Friday, September 3
Spring 2022: Monday, January 24
We are sorry for the inconvenience -- due to nationwide supply shortages, some items are temporarily unavailable. If you have specific dietary issues and don't see what you need in the dining room, please speak with a manager. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Meal Plan Options
2021-2022 prices are subject to change until they are officially approved by the Board of Trustees in June. Meals are only valid for the semester the plan is purchased. They don’t carry forward from Fall to Spring, and there is no monetary refund for uneaten meals.
Meal plans and Dining Dollars are added to your account manually. Any new dining contract should be added within a few hours, but it could take up to 24-48 business hours to activate (depending on when it was submitted). If you submit a contract / change on the weekend, we wont see it until the next business day.
Use Dining Dollars to purchase food and beverage items at campus retail dining locations using your UNC Card. Many meal plans include Dining Dollars, but you can add them at any time during the year by logging into the online dining contract. (All registered students can purchase Dining Dollars in $25 increments.)
Parents and Support People: Add Dining Dollars onto your student's ID card too -- using a credit card!
Dining Dollars can be used in any of our Retail Dining locations across campus:
- Coffee Corner at Michener Library
- Einstein Bros® Bagels at the University Center
- Hissho Sushi at the University Center
- Munchy Mart™ at the University Center
- Subway® at the University Center
- Vending machines across campus
Dining Dollars are convenient and easy to use.
- UNC Card: Dining Dollars are loaded on your student ID (just like a meal plan), so you can use your card to pay for your retail dining and vending purchases.
- Convenience: No need to carry extra cash when you have your UNC card loaded with Dining Dollars. Purchase most food and beverage items with no sales tax added when using Dining Dollars.
- Carry Forward: Dining Dollars carry forward from Fall to Spring, but they expire the last day of Finals Week in Spring. Summer Dining Dollars are available during summer session only. No refunds are given for unused Dining Dollars -- so be sure to use them.
- Bear On The Run: You are allowed to purchase your Bear On The Run reusable container with Dining Dollars in Holmes or Tobey-Kendel (cost is $5 to participate in the program).
- Safety: If you lose your UNC Card, the Dining Dollars account can be immediately de-activated by contacting the Dining Services Office at 970-351-2652. Once you get a new card, we can re-activate your account.
Guests and visitors are welcome to join us in Holmes Dining Hall and may pay using cash or credit for their meal. All prices include tax.
(13 years old and above)
- $9.50 - Breakfast
- $13.00 - Brunch/Lunch
- $13.00 - Dinner
(4 years old - 12 years old)
Children 3 years old and younger are free!
- $6.50 - Breakfast
- $8.00 - Brunch/Lunch
- $8.00 - Dinner
Gourmet To Go
Available during the academic year at both the Holmes and Tobey-Kendel Gourmet To Go locations.
- $8.00 - Lunch