Meal Plan Options
UNC students living on campus are required to carry an On Campus Meal Plan throughout the academic year (per your Housing and Dining contract).
First-year students living in the residence halls are required to carry one of two On Campus Meal Plans. If you are considered a sophomore or above in standing (20 years old or 20 earned credit hours), you can choose from two additional On Campus Meal Plans. Students who are a sophomore or above in standing who live in Lawrenson Hall, the Arlington Park Apartments or one of the UNC-owned houses are exempt from the mandatory meal plan requirement, so they can choose any meal plan (or none).
Students living off campus can also choose to carry any dining contract offered. Choose what meal plan works best for you.
The dining portal will be open for Spring 2024 starting on Tuesday, November 28, 2023. Students registered for spring classes can log in to purchase a meal plan and/or Dining Dollars. Dining contract changes can be made through 5pm on Monday, January 22, 2024. Spring meal plans will be active starting Saturday, January 6th.
Dining Contract Portal
Registered students: Use our dining portal to manage your dining contract during these times:
Fall 2023: open 7/24/23 @ 2pm
Spring 2024: open 11/28/23 @ 2pm
Summer 2024: open 5/14/24 @ 10am
All dining contract change/cancellation requests must be completed by 5pm on these dates:
Fall 2023: Friday, 9/1/23
Spring 2024: 1/22/24
Fall 2023 - Spring 2024 Meal Plan Options*
*2023-2024 prices are subject to change until they are officially approved by the Board of Trustees in June 2023.
Meal plans contain both meals and Dining Dollars. Dining Dollars can be used to purchase food and beverage items in any of our Retail Dining locations across campus (including our mobile food carts and vending machines). Use your meals in Holmes Dining Hall and Tobey-Kendel Dining (the mobile food carts will be in the TK courtyard during Fall 2023). Meal plan holders can also use up to five meal swipes per week at Bowlful, Crisol Latin Kitchen, Empire State Pizza, and Burger & Co.
Students living on campus are required to carry an On Campus Meal Plan throughout the academic year (per the Housing and Dining contract). Meals are only valid for the semester the plan is purchased; they don’t carry forward from fall to spring, and there is no monetary refund for uneaten meals.
Notes: Averages listed below are based on a 16-week semester, so those numbers may change depending on how you use your meal plan. Prices listed are for one semester.
Use Dining Dollars to purchase food and beverage items at campus retail dining locations -- no tax added! Meal plans include Dining Dollars automatically, but you can add them at any time during the year by logging into the online dining portal.
Use your Dining Dollars across campus:
- At the University Center:
- Burger & Co.
- Crisol Latin Kitchen
- Einstein Bros® Bagels
- Empire State Pizza
- Across Campus:
- Bears Coffee Shop (Michener Library)
Parents and Support People: With our new dining portal, your student can grant you guest access so you can add Dining Dollars to their account!
Dining Dollars are convenient and easy to use.
- UNC Card: Dining Dollars are loaded on your student ID (just like a meal plan), so you can use your card to pay for your retail dining and vending purchases.
- Convenience: No need to carry cash when your UNC card is loaded with Dining Dollars. Purchase most food and beverage items with no sales tax added when using Dining Dollars.
- Carry Forward: All Dining Dollars expire at the end of Finals Week in spring. Summer Dining Dollars are available during summer session only. No refunds are given for unused Dining Dollars, so be sure to use them.
- Bear On The Run: You can purchase your Bear On The Run reusable container with Dining Dollars at Holmes Dining Hall (cost is $5 to participate in the program).
- Safety: If you lose your UNC Card, the Dining Dollars account can be immediately de-activated by contacting the Dining Services Office at 970-351-2652. Once you get a new card, we can re-activate your account.
Guests and visitors are welcome to join us in Holmes Dining Hall and can pay using cash or credit for meals. All prices include tax. Children 3 years old and younger are complimentary. Prices good through August 15, 2024.
(13 years old and above)
- Breakfast: $10.25
- Brunch/Lunch: $14.50
- Dinner: $15.00
(4 years old - 12 years old)
- Breakfast: $7.00
- Brunch/Lunch: $10.00
- Dinner: $10.25