Do you have a dog or cat? Lawrenson Hall has a pet-friendly community option for students who’d like to bring their dog or cat with them to live.
This community is limited to dogs and cats only. Limited spaces are available in the pet-friendly community, and students must complete all required additional documentation to be considered a resident in the community.
The pet-friendly community sign-up process is first-come, first-serve. Students should plan to bring a pet they already own. All completed pet paperwork is required prior to being offered a space in the Pet-Friendly Community.
- Located in Lawrenson Hall on the 2nd-4th floors only.
- Dogs must be 40 pounds or less when fully grown.
- All dogs or cats must be 6 months old or older before it can live in the community.
- Restricted breeds include protective breeds such as Pit Bull, Boxer, German Shepherd, Great Dane, Husky, Rottweiler, Mastiff, Dalmatians, Wolf, or a dog that is a mix of any of these breeds.
- Cats need to be indoor domestic pets. We encourage cats to be either declawed or have protective nail caps. You will be responsible for any repairs/damages your pet causes.
- All pets must be either spayed or neutered.
- UNC Housing addresses policy issues or concerns that may arise, and ultimately has the authority to terminate pet agreements and pet contracts with the community.
- Students are limited to one pet per bedroom and have a roommate that agrees to the
terms and conditions of living in this community.
- Example A: Two pets maximum within one suite (four students). Typically, both pets would be the same species. Two students who want to live together and both have pets will live in separate bedrooms, however, they may get assigned random direct roommates since they did not request to live with anyone besides each other.
- Example B: Four students can live in a Lawrenson Hall suite because they want to be part of the pet-friendly community but choose not to have a pet. However, priority will be given to students with pets.
- The owner is financially responsible for the actions of their pet including, but not limited to bodily injury, housing damages, and campus damages. All residents within this community will not hold UNC liable for any personal or property damages as a result of the actions of any pet.
- All residents in the pet-friendly community must abide by University policies and all City, State and Federal laws.
- Submit all required documents, which include the Pet-friendly Community Application and the Pet Owner Pet Documents.