This community is limited to dogs and cats only. Limited spaces are available in the pet-friendly community, and students must complete all required additional documentation to be considered a resident in the community.
The pet-friendly community sign-up process is first-come, first-serve. Students should plan to bring a pet they already own. All completed pet paperwork is required prior to being offered a space in the Pet-Friendly Community.
Pet-Friendly Policies Overview
- All dogs or cats must be 6 months old or older before it can live in the community.
- All pets must be either spayed or neutered.
- Dogs must be 40 pounds or less when fully grown.
- Restricted dogs breeds include protective breeds such as Pit Bull, Boxer, German Shepherd, Great Dane, Husky, Rottweiler, Mastiff, Dalmatians, Wolf or a dog that is a mix of any of these breeds.
- Cats need to be indoor domestic pets. We encourage cats to be either declawed or have protective nail caps.
- UNC Housing addresses policy issues or concerns that may arise and ultimately has the authority to terminate pet agreements and pet contracts with the community.
- The owner is financially responsible for the actions of their pet including, but not limited to bodily injury, housing damages and campus damages. All residents within this community will not hold UNC liable for any personal or property damages as a result of the actions of any pet.
- All residents in the pet-friendly community must abide by university policies and all city, state and federal laws.
- All residents in pet-friendly areas must submit all required documents, which include the Pet-Friendly Community Application and related pet documents.
Lawrenson Hall: Pet-Friendly Floors
Pet-friendly is not all of Lawrenson Hall, it is only rooms on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors.
- Students are limited to one pet per bedroom and have a roommate who agrees to the
terms and conditions of living in this community.
- Example A: Two pets maximum within one suite (four students). Typically, both pets would be the same species. Two students who want to live together and both have pets will live in separate bedrooms, however, they may get assigned random direct roommates since they did not request to live with anyone besides each other.
- Example B: Four students can live in a Lawrenson Hall suite because they want to be part of the pet-friendly community but choose not to have a pet. However, priority will be given to students with pets.
Belford Hall: Pet-Friendly Single Rooms
All of Belford Hall will be pet-friendly for the 2023-24 academic year.
- Students are limited to one pet per room.
How to Apply
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com. For additional questions in regard to room types and configurations, you can learn more about Belford Hall and Lawrenson Hall on our website. You may also contact the UNC Housing and Residential Education office at 970-351-2721.