Jump to main content

U.S. Passport Acceptance Office Facility

We are a designated Passport Application Acceptance Facility serving all U.S. citizens. We accept U.S. Passport applications for children and adults, and provide customer assistance with passport questions. While we do not process passport renewals, we will be happy to answer questions about the passport renewal process. Stop by our office to get the passport application forms and ask questions, we are happy to assist. Please note that we are not available for a walk-in same day service.  Appointment is required with at least 24 hour notice. 

UPDATED PROCESSING TIMES as of December 18, 2023:

Routine Service: 6 - 8 weeks.
Expedited Service: 2 - 3 weeks.

Enroll in email updates about your passport application status:  U.S. Passport Application Status (state.gov)

View current and previous processing times: Processing Times for U.S. Passports (state.gov)

Learn about what each status update means, and how to upgrade service: Get your Passport Application Status (state.gov)

We encourage applicants to submit their passport applications well ahead of their planned travel dates to ensure they get their passports in time.

Processing times begin the day an application is received at a passport agency or center, not on the day the customer applied for a passport at an acceptance facility. Door-to-door timeframes are no longer being used to calculate our estimated routine and expedited service times. Mail times may vary across the country.

U.S. Passport Application Instructions for Children

Under Age 16

Useful Links:

Contact OGE

Wilson Hall
1927 9th Avenue
Campus Box 52
Greeley, CO 80631


Phone: +1-970-351-2396

Office Hours

By appointment

Schedule appointment

Required Documents

Proof of ID
Typically this is your driver license or other official government issued ID.  Minors do not need to have an ID when parents are present with acceptable ID.

Proof of Citizenship
Typically this is an original birth certificate.  This may also be a certificate of naturalization.  Only original documents may be accepted. If you were born in Colorado you can obtain a birth certificate from the Weld Public Health Office.

Passport Photo
Applicant should bring an approved photo with them to be attached to the application.

Application Form
DS-11, application for new US Passport.  You may pick this up from Office of Global Engagement (OGE), another acceptance facility, or online

More Information
For more information, additional forms, and other passport and international travel information visit the Passport Services website.


UNC Passport acceptance (execution) fee is $35 per application payable to UNC by cash, credit card or check.

Passport application fee is payable by check or money order ONLY to the U.S. Department of State. Credit card or cash payments are not accepted.

    • Adults (16+):  $130
    • Children (0-16):  $100

Expedited fee is $60 and should be included along with the standard passport application fee payable by check or money order ONLY to the U.S. Department of State. Credit card or cash payments are not accepted.

    • Adults (16+):  $190
    • Children (0-16):  $160