The Undergraduate Council
The Undergraduate Council (UGC) is a representative faculty council as defined in 2-3-104(3), Representative Faculty Committees, that is established to represent and act on behalf of the faculty in the governance of the undergraduate programs at UNC.
A full description of the structure and duties of the Undergraduate Council may be found in the Board of Trustees Policy Manual, 2-3-107(1).
UGC Meeting Schedule
UC Council Room
2nd Tuesday of the month
3:30 - 5:00PM.
- September 14, 2021
- October 12, 2021
- November 9, 2021
- November 30, 20215th Tues
- January 11, 2022
- February 8, 2022
- March 8, 2022
- April 12, 2022
detailed membership list coming soon
- Enrique Benavidez, Student Senate
- Charles Couch, Registrar
- Melody Denny, HSS 21-24
- Rachel Dineen, UL 19-22, Vice Chair
- Scott Franklin, NHS 20-23, Chair
- Jarae Fulton, HSS 19-22
- Ann Hawkinson, NHS 19-22
- Laura Henson, NHS 21-24
- Phil Klein, HSS 20-23
- Nancy Matchett, Academic Affairs
- Kim Medina, Admissions
- Junpyo Park, HSS 20-23
- Brian Rose, EBS 20-23
- Marty Somero, Financial Aid
- Gardiner "Tuck" Tucker, Dean of Students
- Jessica Weber, MCB 21-22
- Marilyn Welsh, EBS 21-24
- Adam Zukiewicz, PVA 19-22
The Undergraduate Council is soliciting applications for the undergraduate commencement student speaker.
Students who are eligible to participate in the December commencement ceremony and have at least a 2.8 GPA are invited to become candidates for this distinctive honor. Share your journey to graduation, inspire your graduating class, and emphasize what is important to you while sharing your talents with friends and family.
Deadline to submit speech and application materials: Information coming Fall 2021
- December 2021 Undergraduate Commencement Speaker Application - coming Fall 2021
- Process, Criteria, and Guidelines - coming Fall 2021