The Spring 2024 waiver is now open. The deadline to waive Spring 2024 insurance only, is January 22nd, at 5:00 pm. If you completed a waiver Fall 2023, the insurance premium will automatically be waived for Spring 2024. You do not need to complete a new waiver until Fall semester (Fall 2024 waiver will open April 1st.).
Students wishing to waive out of the UNC Student Health Insurance Plan must have other health insurance. If you wish to waive the school insurance you must complete an online waiver through URSA each year. Completing the waiver in the fall will also waive the insurance for spring semester. If you wish to re-enroll in the insurance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions.
Please note: If you waive the school insurance plan, you can still use the Student Health Center located in Cassidy Hall. The health center can bill most insurance plans (call the health center at 970-351-2412 to determine if we are in-network with your plan).
All international students must follow the waiver process through the Office of Global Engagement website. For waiver instructions go to: https://isss.unco.edu/index.cfm?FuseAction=Security.AngLogin. International students cannot waive on the UNC URSA site. You must go through the Office of Global Engagement.
Instructions for Domestic students waiving the insurance coverage and premium:
- Make sure and have your insurance card available before starting the waiver. You will be required to enter your current insurance information
- Login to Ursa
- Choose the Financial Tab and click on the link to the Online Insurance Waiver
- Scroll to the bottom of the information paragraph and choose the blue begin button
- Complete the form and print the confirmation page for your records
- If you get timed out of the waiver system, email email@example.com or call 970-351-1915 to have your waiver reset
- COMPLETE THE WAIVER BY THE DEADLINE LISTED (deadline is always the 10th day of class. Deadline for Spring 2024 is January 19th at 5:00 pm MST).