Students wishing to waive out of the UNC Student Health Insurance Plan must have other health insurance. If you wish to waive the school insurance you must complete an online waiver each year. Completing the waiver in the fall will also waive the insurance for spring semester. If you wish to re-enroll in the insurance, contact the insurance office for further instructions.
The waiver for 2019-2020 will open April 1st. If you waive the insurance for fall 2019, your spring 2020 insurance will also be waived. Complete one waiver in April for the entire school year (you can re-enroll at anytime). The deadline to waive for 2019-2020 will be September 9th at 5:00 pm.
International Students: Please visit the Center For International Education website for information regarding health insurance for international students and waiving the UNC Insurance plan with comparable coverage.
Instructions for Domestic students waiving the insurance coverage and premium:
- Make sure and have your insurance card available before starting the waiver. You will be required to enter your current insurance information
- Login to Ursa
- Choose the Student Tab and click on the link to the Online Insurance Waiver
- Scroll to the bottom of the information paragraph and choose the blue begin button
- Complete the form and print the confirmation page for your records
- If you get timed out of the waiver system, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-351-1915 to have your waiver reset
- COMPLETE THE WAIVER BY THE DEADLINE LISTED (deadline is always the 10th day of class)