Students wishing to waive out of the UNC Student Health Insurance Plan must have other health insurance. If you wish to waive the school insurance you must complete an online waiver through URSA each year. Completing the waiver in the fall will also waive the insurance for spring semester. If you wish to re-enroll in the insurance, contact the insurance office for further instructions.
If you waive the insurance for fall 2020, your spring 2021 insurance will also be waived. If you need to re-enroll in the school insurance, you can do that by contacting the Insurance office.
Please note: If you waive the school insurance plan, you can still use the Student Health Center located in Cassidy Hall. The health center can bill most insurance plans (call the health center at 970-351-2412 to determine if we are in-network with your plan).
International Students: Please visit the Center For International Education website for information regarding health insurance for international students and waiving the UNC Insurance plan with comparable coverage.
Instructions for Domestic students waiving the insurance coverage and premium:
- Make sure and have your insurance card available before starting the waiver. You will be required to enter your current insurance information
- Login to Ursa
- Choose the Student Tab and click on the link to the Online Insurance Waiver
- Scroll to the bottom of the information paragraph and choose the blue begin button
- Complete the form and print the confirmation page for your records
- If you get timed out of the waiver system, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-351-1915 to have your waiver reset
- COMPLETE THE WAIVER BY THE DEADLINE LISTED (deadline is always the 10th day of class. Deadline for 2020 - 2021 is September 4th at 5:00 pm)