Summer PAL Academy 2019
Our third annual Summer PAL Academy is coming up quickly! This year's theme is Beyond Obesity:Benefits of Physical Activity for the Whole Child. We will be offering 6 continuing education credits, lunch, and door prizes. Secure your spot today!
Summer PAL Academy 2018
The second annual Summer Physical Activity Leadership (PAL) Academy was held on July 13, 2018 on the UNC campus. Our theme, Creating and Sustaining Community Engaged Active Schools, created an inspirational conversation on how schools and communities can work together to promote health.
- Drs. Collin Webster and Mark Wallace, Keynote Speakers, provided their expertise in community-based school physical activity promotion and family medicine.
- Two MAT-PEPAL graduates, Veronica Adams and Julie Bell, presented on involving their community in school wellness.
- The Colorado Health Foundation, UC Health, UNC's Department of Sport & Exercise Science,
Innovation@UNC, and UNC's Extended Campus sponsored the event.
Bear PAL 2017
The first annual Bear Physical Activity Leadership (PAL) Academy was held on July 14, 2017 on the UNC campus. Our theme, Active Kids Do Better:In Schools and During the Summer, provided a productive conversation on how schools can support the development of healthy generations of students.
- Dr. Michael Beets, Keynote Speaker, from the University of South Carolina delivered a presentation on the Summer Slide
- Two MAT-PEPAL graduates, Erin Manzanares and Clint Borel, presented their school physical activity initiatives
- The Colorado Health Foundation, Innovation@UNC, and UNC's Extended Campus sponsored the event