Pet Friendly Housing Option
Pet Friendly Program
Students in this community will have the privilege of having their dog or cat live with them in Lawrenson Hall. This community is limited to dogs and domestic cats only and there are specific restrictions. There are limited spaces for this community. The sign up process is first-come, first-serve.
I agree to not adopt, procure or bring a pet of any kind until I receive an approved pet authorization from a Housing & Residential Education designee.
- The pet friendly residence is located in Lawrenson Hall on the 2nd-4th floors only.
- Dogs must be 40 pounds or less when fully grown.
- All dogs or cats must be 6 months old or older before it can live in the community.
- Restricted breeds include: protective breeds such as Pit Bull, Boxer, German Shepherd, Great Dane, Husky, Rottweiler, Mastiff, Dalmatians, Wolf, or a dog that is a mix of any of these breeds.
- Cats need to be indoor domestic pets.
- All pets must be either spayed or neutered.
- The owner is financially responsible for the actions of their pet including, but not limited to: bodily injury, housing damages, and campus damages. All residents within this community will not hold UNC liable for any personal or property damages as a result of the actions of any pet.
- All residents in the pet friendly community must abide by University policies and all City, State and Federal laws. Required documents include the Pet Housing Agreement and the Pet Friendly Residence Contract. There is a Pet Council for this community that addresses policy issues or concerns that may arise and ultimately has the authority to terminate your pet agreement and pet contract with the community.
- We encourage cats to be either declawed or have protective nail caps. You will be responsible for any repairs/damages your pet causes.
- Elementary Education
- First Generation
- Gender Inclusive
- Gender, Sexual and Romantic Identities
- Global Village
- Honors, Scholars, Leaders
- Monfort College of Business
- Outdoor Pursuits
- Pet Friendly
- Transfer Students
- Women's Community
For more information, please contact the Housing & Residential Education Department at 970-351-2721.
Students are limited to one pet per bedroom and have a roommate that agrees to the terms and conditions of living in this community.
- Example A: Two pets maximum within one suite. Typically, both pets would be the same species.
- Example B: Four students can live in a Lawrenson Hall suite because they want to be part of the pet friendly community, but choose not to have a pet. However, priority will be given to students with pets.
How to Apply
Before completing the housing contract, identify potential roommates who you want to reside in your Lawrenson suite. Please see above examples for potential suite configurations. You will be able to note roommate requests through the Pet Friendly Housing Agreement.
- Understand that spaces are limited, and this is a first-come, first-serve community. All pet owners and non-pet owners will be required to complete the forms listed below and adhere to the rules of conduct outlined within in other to maintain good standing in the Pet Friendly Community. Those who fail to do so, may be asked to move out of the community or to remove their pet from the community.
- When completing the housing contract, select the Pet Friendly option from the Themed Housing drop down list.
- Prepare all of your paperwork before you being filling out the forms listed below:
- Roommate requests
- Basic Pet Information
- Vaccination Records
- Proof of Spay or Neuter
- Photo of your pet
- For all new students who wish to bring a pet and live in the Pet Friendly Community you need to complete the following two forms:
Pet Owner - Pet Friendly Community Application
Pet Owner - Upload Pet Documents
- For all new students who DO NOT wish to bring a pet and live in the Pet Friendly Community you need to complete the following form:
Non-Pet Owner - Pet Friendly Community Application
- For returning students consult your Hall Director during the Call Dibs process for more information about how to apply to the Pet Friendly Community. Call Dibs occurs from January until February 28th.
- You will receive confirmation, which indicates your acceptance to the pet friendly community or your overall status for this community, including a tentative room assignment.
- Resident Assistants of Lawrenson will complete a pre-walk of the suite to verify the condition of the room at move-in. This includes a black light inspection process.
- Pet Owners moving into Lawrenson need to have a copy of their pet’s Greeley Pet License with them before the animal enters the building. It may be helpful to have it mailed to you in advance so you can avoid an extra stop when you arrive to move in.
- Move into the residence hall with your pet and fill out your room inventory. Please be as detailed as possible since this inventory acts as a way to ensure you are not billed for any damage that you or your pet did not cause.
- Attend a Pet Friendly Orientation session. The purpose of this orientation is to connect roommates to pet owners and plan the process of having a pet. Failure to attend the pet orientation without permission from the Lawrenson Hall Director could result if you being required to remove your pet from the community.
- Returning students can attend an orientation during the spring semester. Incoming students will need to attend an orientation session after hall opening in August.
- Pet Friendly Orientation will take place the Sunday before classes start after move-in.
- Complete a Pet Friendly Roommate Agreement. This form will be provided to you after move in.
- Additional Resources: For times when you are out of town and unable to care for your
pet, a Pet Sitter Release Form is required. This form can be acquired at Pet Friendly Orientation.
If you have any questions, please e-mail us at PetFriendly.Housing@unco.edu. For additional questions with regard to suite configurations, please contact the Housing & Residential Education Department at 970-351-2721.