Gender Inclusive Housing Option
The Gender Inclusive Housing Program allows students of different genders to live together in the same room. Gender Inclusive Housing is not a Residential Learning Community and does not exist solely on one floor or in one community. Housing & Residential Education wants all students, regardless of gender identity, to have the option to choose a space in a hall that best meets their needs.
Log into the Housing contract. In the Gender Inclusive Housing section of the contract, you will be asked 3 questions. How you answer the 3 questions will determine the spaces you can select.
Question #1: I only want to be placed with students who share the same biological sex marker
as me (i.e. males placed only with other males, females only with other females)
- Yes or No
- If you answer yes to Question 1, you will not see any gender inclusive spaces and will only be able to view rooms with students who share the same biological sex marker as you.
Question #2: I would like to live in a gender inclusive space and I know who my roommates will be. Their full legal name and bear number must be listed in the Roommate Request section of the Housing contract. - Yes or No
Question #3: I would like to live in a gender inclusive space and be assigned with anyone who also answered yes to this question. - Yes or No
- If you answer yes to Questions 2 or 3, you will see and be able to assign yourself to any open space across campus and/or be assigned to a gender inclusive space (students who may or may not share the same biological sex marker as you). In the event you answer yes to question 2 and are not able to fill the suite, other students who also answered yes to questions 2 or 3, will be assigned to the open space within your assigned suite.
- Elementary Education
- First Generation
- Gender Inclusive
- Gender, Sexual and Romantic Identities
- Global Village
- Honors, Scholars, Leaders
- Monfort College of Business
- Outdoor Pursuits
- Pet Friendly
- Transfer Students
- Women's Community
For more information, please contact the Housing & Residential Education Department at 970-351-2721.