Early Arrival - Fall/Spring Break - Summer Housing
The Housing & Residential Education department provides housing for students that need to arrive on campus early (prior to hall opening in August or January) or are needing to stay during the winter and spring break or summer session.
The residence halls officially open on Thursday, August 22, 2019 for fall semester. Students who arrive before this date are considered "early arrivals."
Types of Arrivals
- Students who want to arrive early and are not required to be here by a UNC department, UNC camp or UNC team.
- Students that need to arrive early because they are required to be here for a UNC team, UNC camp or UNC Department.
- Students that are not required to be early on campus are charged a nightly rate of $45/night.
- Students that are required to be here for a UNC camp, UNC department training, or UNC athletics team are charged a nightly rate. This is a reduced cost if your department authorizes your early arrival on campus. Your name must be on the list supplied by your department to be eligible for the reduced $30 early arrival fee. Please check with your department's contact person to determine your eligibility and arrangements for housing. Please verify your arrival date with your department to avoid billing issues.
- We begin taking early arrivals on campus, Friday, August 16, 2019. You need to have completed the Housing department's early arrival request to be considered for early arrival on campus. When you are given access to your room, you are billed a nightly rate.
If you are arriving on campus before your fall meal plan becomes active on August 22nd at dinner, you may want to check out the Dining Services early arrival meal options.
If you need more information regarding the early arrival meal plans, contact Dining Services at 970-351-2652 or email@example.com.