Old Man Mountain Retreat Center
Old Man Mountain Retreat Center is a facility owned by the University of Northern Colorado and managed by the Department of Housing & Residential Education. This facility is located in beautiful Estes Park, Colorado, approximately an hour's drive west of Greeley. Estes Park offers a variety of activities to suit every person including, hiking, fishing, golf, sightseeing, shopping and a wide array of dining options. An entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park is only a few minutes west of downtown.
This retreat center is available to rent for either academic, business or personal use and can comfortably accommodate up to 24 guests in the beds provided. The Retreat Center consists of three living cabins and a shower house with separate rest room and shower areas for men and women. The main cabin sleeps 6 and includes a full kitchen, living room, conference room and bathroom. The Upper Cabin sleeps 12 in one large open room and the Lower Cabin consists of two rooms that sleep 6 persons.
All beds in this facility are bunked, extra-long twins with the exception of a queen hide-a-bed in the main cabin.
The retreat center offers many amenities to make your stay comfortable. The kitchen includes two full-size refrigerators, an electric stove, microwave, toaster and coffee maker. A limited supply of pans, utensils and dishes are provided.
Additional amenities in the main cabin include a gas fireplace, DVD/VCR player and a satellite dish. An outdoor charcoal grill and fireplace are also available for use.
Guests are responsible for furnishing their own bedding, towels and toiletries.
- A $75 deposit is required at the time the reservation is made. The deposit is non-refundable if the reservation is canceled within 30 days of the reservation date. If the reservation is not canceled, the deposit will be deducted from the total amount due at the end of your stay. If there is any damage caused during your stay, you will be responsible for the damages.
- Check-in time is 12:00 noon. Check-out time is 11:00 AM. Special arrangements for
check-in and check-out times may be made in advance.
For information or to make your reservation, contact Housing Services at 970-351-1984.
- Information packet and key can be picked up at the Housing Services office, Monday-Friday, between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm at Tobey-Kendel Hall, Room 187 when the university is open. Please call ahead to ensure we'll have everything ready.
- Contact the Housing Services office at 970-351-1984 to arrange for pickup of our information packet and facility key.
- $250/night (up to 10 persons)
- $22/person after 10 persons
- $140/day (Monday-Thursday, excluding holidays)
Rates effective beginning July 1, 2018.
- $350/night up to 10 persons*
- $30/person after 10 persons*
- $140/day (Monday-Thursday, excluding holidays
* A tax of 10.50% will be charged to guests unless a state Tax Exempt Certificate is provided at the time of your reservation