Dining Dollars allow you to purchase food and beverage items at campus retail food locations using your UNC Card. Students who carry an On Campus Meal Plan will automatically receive Bonus Meals and Dining Dollars (except the upperclassman 10 Meals Per Week meal plan).
Any UNC student can purchase Dining Dollars in increments of $25. (Parents, you can add Dining Dollars to your student's account with a credit card!)
Dining Dollars carry forward from Fall to Spring, but they expire the last day of Finals Week in Spring. Summer Dining Dollars are available during summer session only. No refunds are given for unused meal plans or Dining Dollars.
Dining Dollars are added to your account and applied to your University bill, just like meal plans. You can sign up for Dining Dollars at the Dining Services Office, at the UNC Card Office in the University Center, or using our online dining contract.
Use Your Dining Dollars Here:
- Bears Bistro at the University Center
- Coffee Corner at Kepner Hall
- Coffee Corners at Michener Library
- Einstein Bros® Bagels at the University Center
- Munchy Mart at the University Center
- Pie Café at Campus Commons
- Subway® at the University Center
- Sushi with Gusto® at the University Center
- Select vending machines across campus
Why Should You Use Dining Dollars?
- You already carry UNC Cards (to get into your residence halls, to check out books from the library, to gain access into the Campus Rec Center, etc), so there is no need to carry extra cash.
- Dining Dollars can be purchased at any time during the semester, so you never have to run out.
- Added Value
- It's a great deal -- you can purchase most foods and beverages with NO SALES TAX ADDED!
- If you lose your UNC Card, the Dining Dollars account can be immediately deactivated by contacting the Dining Services Office at 970-351-2652.
Terms and Conditions
Dining Dollars carry over from Fall to Spring but expire at the end of Spring semester. Sorry, Dining Dollars are not accepted in the Dining Rooms to pay for meals... they are only accepted in our Retail Dining locations at this time. (We have made one exception to this rule -- you are allowed to purchase your Bear On The Run reusable green box with Dining Dollars in Holmes or Tobey-Kendel.)
Deposits made to the Dining Dollars account are not refundable for cash. This is not a bank account. Dining Dollars funds may be used instead of cash at the locations listed in this brochure. Account information is considered confidential and is only available to the account holder. Dining Dollars are not intended to replace a meal plan or to provide a refund for any meal plan meals missed. Dining Dollars are non-transferable, saleable, or refundable. If the meal plan is canceled, you will be charged for all dining dollars used. Dining Dollars cannot be used to pay tuition, student fees, or class charges. Dining Dollars cannot be used to purchase merchandise. Dining Dollar balances left at the end of Spring semester expire and will not carry over or be refunded.
The deadline to change or cancel your meal contract (includes On Campus Meal Plans, Off Campus Bear Plans, and Dining Dollars) is 5pm on the University published Drop Deadline:
- Fall 2019: Monday, September 9th
- Spring 2020: Monday, January 27th
Have a guest who wants to eat in the dining rooms with you? No problem... you can:
Need more information? Email Dining Services or call us at 970-351-2652.