UNC COVID-19 Updates
The University of Northern Colorado is actively monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and providing regular updates to the UNC community on this website.
Mask Requirement Updates
As of June 2, UNC will no longer require individuals to wear masks indoors or outdoors on any of our campuses. Per state guidelines, masks will still be required in the UNC Student Health Center.
UNC Releases Summer COVID-19 Mitigation Measures
Beginning on Monday, May 10, UNC will implement new guidance regarding public health requirements for everyone who physically comes to campus. The new guidance includes:
- Dining will operate at 100% capacity with six-feet of distancing between cohorts/households.
- Offices will operate at 80% capacity.
- Campus Recreation Center and gyms will operate at 100% capacity with six-feet of distancing between parties.
- Indoor seated events will operate at 100% capacity with six-feet of distancing between parties.
- Indoor unseated events will operate at 50% capacity, up to 175 people.
- Outdoor events will have no capacity limits; however, events planned for more than 500 people must submit plan to the Weld County Department of Public Health and Environment and UNC's Environment, Health and Safety.
- Group sports and camps can operate indoors at 50 participants per court and outdoors with no limits on participants/spectators.
- UNC Bank of Colorado Arena is approved for up to 500 individuals with six feet of distancing between cohorts/households
UNC’s Student Health Center has received doses of the COVID-19 vaccine that will be distributed to campus community members based on the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE)’s mandated phases.
To maintain a safe and healthy environment on campus, students and employees who test positive for COVID-19, are symptomatic and/or were exposed should continue to report these situations to UNC over the summer.
- Report student or employee with symptoms
- Report a COVID-19 positive case
- Health Alerts
- Quarantine & Isolation Details
From the President
- Statement from President Andy Feinstein to UNC Faculty Regarding Vaccine Priority for Frontline Workers in Education
- A Message from President Andy Feinstein: Welcome Back and Plans for the Spring and Fall Semesters
- Plans for the Start of the Spring 2021 Semester
- A Message From President Andy Feinstein: Update on Current UNC COVID-19 Status
- Weld County COVID-19 Safer at Home Status
This is the last Weekly Operational Updates video until further notice.
President Feinstein and his cabinet met weekly to discuss the structure in place for
managing UNC's response. Full transcripts are provided in the Operational Update archives.
The May 6 video was the last operational update for the 2020-21 academic year.
Fall 2021 Website
UNC looks forward to seeing our students return in the fall for a full slate of on-campus
Learn more about the next academic year on our Fall 2021 website.
UNC has established a dedicated group of staff to provide information and answers to questions regarding COVID-19 and the direct impact on our students, staff and faculty.