UNC COVID-19 Information
The University of Northern Colorado is actively monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and providing regular updates to the UNC community on this website.
How and When to Report Exposures, Symptoms and Positive Tests
I am fully vaccinated.
Fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks after your second dose in a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after your first dose of Johnson and Johnson.
I am not vaccinated or not fully vaccinated.
You are not fully vaccinated if you haven’t received any vaccines, or it has not been 14 days since your second dose in a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after your first dose of Johnson and Johnson.
You've got questions and we've got answers. Explore the list of frequently asked questions regarding COVID-19, the university's response to those questions and other important information for students, faculty and staff.
What to Know About COVID-19 and Influenza
Influenza and COVID-19 are both contagious respiratory illnesses with similar symptoms, but they are caused by very different viruses. Flu season in the U.S. typically begins to increase in October and can last as late as May. While last year’s flu activity was unusually low, likely due to COVID-19 measures such as wearing a mask and staying at home, many of those measures have been relaxed, which could lead to increased flu activity. The CDC anticipates that influenza and COVID-19 may be spreading at the same time this fall and winter. Learn what you can do to protect yourself:
Public Health Measures
All Coloradans age 12 and over are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Weld County has plenty of vaccine available, visit the Weld County Health Department for local locations and registration information.
Indoor Mask Policy
UNC is currently requiring masks covering the nose and mouth in public indoor spaces. This applies to all individuals regardless of vaccination status and is a temporary precaution during the Delta variant surge.
Fall COVID-19 Mitigation Measures
- Vaccinations are required for all faculty, staff and students. Read the vaccination policy for more information, including how to submit completed vaccination records or a medical or nonmedical exemption.
- Masks are required in public indoor spaces, regardless of vaccination status. Read the Aug. 12 mask update for more information, including exceptions.
- Testing is strongly encouraged, particularly for unvaccinated students and employees, and provided for free on campus on the east side of Bishop-Lehr Hall.
- Classrooms will operate at 100% capacity, masks are required.
- Dining will operate at 100% capacity, masks are required except when seated and actively eating.
- Offices will operate at 100% capacity, masks are required in open offices
- Campus Recreation Center and gyms will operate at 100% capacity, masks are required in locker rooms and while traveling through the facility, masks can be removed while exercising.
- Indoor seated events will operate at 100% capacity, masks are required.
- Indoor unseated events will operate at 100% capacity, masks are required.
- Outdoor events will have no capacity limits.
- UNC Bank of Colorado Arena will have no capacity limits, masks are required.
UNC has established a dedicated group of staff to provide information and answers to questions regarding COVID-19 and the direct impact on our students, staff and faculty.
UNC does not have access to COVID-19 test results from the free community testing site on campus. Results are only provided through the online account created when individuals registered for testing.