UNC COVID-19 Updates
The University of Northern Colorado is actively monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and providing regular updates to the UNC community on this website.
- Students who tested positive, were around someone who has tested positive and/or are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms since Thanksgiving break should report it.
- Following state guidelines for Level Red, UNC has made operational adjustments and protective measures.
- UNC has seen increases in the numbers of positive tests and close contacts.
- The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment partnered with Curative and organizations across the state to launch new COVID-19 testing kiosk on the UNC campus. Learn more
- The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment and the Colorado School of Public Health (ColoradoSPH) released a new modeling report (PDF)
- A Message From President Andy Feinstein: Update on Current UNC COVID-19 Status
- Weld County COVID-19 Safer at Home Status
- A Message from President Andy Feinstein on Labor Day Weekend
- Return to Campus and Fall Course Schedule
- UNC Tuition Will Not Increase in Academic Year 2020-21
President Feinstein and his cabinet meet remotely on a weekly basis to discuss the
structure in place for managing UNC's response. Full transcripts are provided in the
Operational Update archives.
Return to Campus & Fall Operations
Being back on campus looks different than previous years due to the novel coronavirus outbreak. Learn more about UNC's policies and procedures for the fall semester on our Return to Campus (Fall Operations) website.
View the latest communications from UNC leadership regarding COVID-19 resources, changes and information.
The Coronavirus Task Force is designed to quickly respond to the evolving COVID-19 situation this fall. The task force has four committees
In an effort to keep our community informed about the presence of COVID-19 on the UNC campus, the university will report the number of confirmed COVID-19 regularly.
UNC has established a dedicated group of staff to provide information and answers to questions regarding COVID-19 and the direct impact on our students, staff and faculty.
We'll respond to inquiries within 24-48 hours or by the next business day.