How to Apply
Mentor Qualifications & Pre-reqs
Any currently enrolled UNC student (undergraduate or graduate) may apply to become a Campus Connections mentor. There are no course pre-reqs for Campus Connections, however, in order to become a Campus Connections mentor, students must:
- Commit to attend each week of Campus Connections throughout the entire semester
- Uphold the values and ethics of Campus Connections
- Attend one of the Mandatory Information Sessions (see schedule below), or schedule a time to meet individually with a Campus Connections staff member
- Fill out a Mentor Application and be accepted into the program
- Attend a Mandatory Information Session (only for new applicants)
- Successfully complete a background check (details on this are included in the application packet)
Once you submit your completed application, you will receive a confirmation email that we have received your application for review.
If you have questions, please see the Student/Mentor FAQ’s or contact us.
MANDATORY INFORMATION SESSIONS
By attending a Mandatory Information Session you will learn more about this exciting program, course requirements, and if Campus Connections is a good fit for you. You will also have the opportunity to ask a Campus Connections staff member any questions you might have.
If you are not able to attend any of the dates below, please email us to set up an individual info session.
Students who have previously participated as a CC mentor DO NOT need to attend an Info Session to apply again.
Spring 2019 Information Sessions TBD
Applications for Fall 2020 have a priority deadline of April 23rd at 5 p.m.
Please read all instructions carefully.
**You will need to save the application to your computer and open in Adobe Acrobat, not your web browser, in order to fill it out electronically and save**