The Bresnahan-Halstead Center is committed to work for the advancement of knowledge and quality services for people with disabilities through research, professional development, partnership/technical assistance, and scholarships. As part of this mission, the Center is committed to providing travel support to faculty in the School of Special Education at the University of Northern Colorado or members of the Advisory Board for the Center. However, these travel funds are limited and should be used as a supplemental source, rather than a primary source for funding professional travel.
Instructions for Applying
Past Recipients of Travel Support
- Todd Sundeen: Attended and presented at the CEC 2018 conference on “Examining Cultural Diversity in Mathematics Instruction in Inclusive Classrooms.”
- Kristine Melloy: Attended and presented two papers on inclusive education at the Global Conference on Education and Research (GLOCER) Conference where researchers, scientists, scholars, and scholar students gather to exchange and share their experiences, new ideas, and research results, the practical challenges encountered, and the solutions adopted for global education
- Hasan Zaghlawan: Participated in training at the 2017 Summer Research Training Institute in Single-Case Research Design and Analysis, designed to increase capacity to conduct quality research studies in early childhood special education and other fields and enable the support of and assistance to graduate students in their research in special education.
- Silvia Correa-Torres: Attended and presented at the TASH 2017 conference. The theme of the conference was Still We Rise for Equity, Opportunity, and Inclusion, providing a forum for leadership personnel and emerging leaders in the disability field for sharing of knowledge and expertise toward innovative strategies in the field.
- Sandy Bowen: Attended and presented at the Network of Americas Conference, sponsored by Deafblind International and the Perkins School for the Blind. Co-presented with Correa-Torres and Mueller on the findings of their study, “Parent-School Collaboration and Conflict: Experiences of Parents of Children with Deafblindness during the IEP Process.”
- Silvia Correa-Torres. Attended and presented at the Network of Americas Conference, sponsored by Deafblind International and the Perkins School for the Blind. Co-presented with Bowen and Mueller on the findings of their study, “Parent-School Collaboration and Conflict: Experiences of Parents of Children with Deafblindness during the IEP Process.”
- Kristine Melloy. Attended the Equity and Excellence Conference sponsored by the Colorado Department of Education where Colorado’s special education directors worked with tools/resources that enabled them to put equity into action regarding the PK-12 students with disabilities in their schools.