Call Dibs on a Room for Returning Students to Live on Campus Kicks Off
January 14, 2020
UNC’s Housing and Residential Education Department has kicked off their Call Dibs campaign to encourage continuing students to return to live on campus for the upcoming academic year.
This year, Call Dibs has launched a new set of social-media contests and activities in hopes to boost returning student housing contracts. Students who complete the housing contract before Feb. 29 will be entered into a drawing for one of many UNC giveaways including a free fitness pass, UNC goodies, $25 UNC Bookstore gift cards, Bear Care Plan (UNC health insurance plan) for an academic year and more.
UNC's current goal is to have 1,300 students complete a housing contract to return to live in the halls, Arlington Park Apartments or university owned houses. Housing and Residential Education encourage offices and faculty to inform their students about the benefits of living on campus and urge students to complete a housing contract before Feb. 29.
Current students who live in Arlington Park Apartments will need to fill out a contract by Feb. 28 to guarantee a returning spot in Arlington Park Apartments. There's no guarantee for return placement for contracts received after that date.
Upcoming Call Dibs events:
- Noon-4 p.m., Jan. 24: Open-house event for students to tour any of the university owned houses: Martin, Warren and Florio. Students can arrive at each house to take a tour. View a list of university house addresses
- Jan. 29-30: Claim your same room
- 4:30-7 p.m., Jan. 29: Call Dibs Dinner kick-off in TK Dining Hall
- Feb. 6-7: Claim a different room contract opens up
- Feb. 28: Arlington Park Apartment Contracts must be received to return to live in the apartments