Academic Advising is an integral part of the Center for Human Enrichment (CHE) programming. The advising team consists of three full time advisors as well as four peer advisors. Our primary goal is to support students' academic and personal success throughout their entire undergraduate career at the University of Northern Colorado. We accomplish this through a variety of services and techniques some of which include:
- Meeting regularly one on one with students (all levels) to ensure academic persistence
- Providing individual course recommendations.
- Maintaining and individualized graduation plans to monitor academic progress and success
- Advising students through major/career exploration
- Guiding students through internship, job and graduate school application processes
- Assisting students with Financial Aid Literacy to proactively help students persist and graduate
- Assistance in applying for admission to graduate school and obtaining federal student aid
- Supporting the CHE participants transition to the UNC's environment and maintaining this support throughout the students' undergraduate career.
If you would like further information about advising within CHE, please feel free to visit us at your convenience at Michener Library, room L116 or call us at 970-351-1905. The staff is more than happy to answer any of your questions.