Center for Human Enrichment
The Center for Human Enrichment (CHE)/TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) staff provide
CHE/SSS participants with the care, encouragement, and support they need to be successful
at the University of Northern Colorado. Each year the CHE program accepts approximately
70 new participants into the program. To be eligible, students must identify as a
first-generation college student, meaning neither adoptive nor biological parents
have earned a bachelor’s degree, and meet federal income guidelines set by the U.S.
Department of Education.
CHE/SSS participants become part of a caring community that supports their academic success and personal growth from the time they enter UNC until they graduate. Accepted participants must commit to utilizing CHE's program services throughout their undergraduate career. As part of our program, students benefit from:
- A welcoming, inclusive and caring community that provides academic and personal support throughout students’ academic journey
- Participation in our Connections Summer Bridge program, designed to welcome our TRiO student to UNC and begin the work of creating a positive campus environment as the student begins his/her academic journey as a UNC Bear
- Participation in cohort classes, designed to help foster community and belonging with other first-generation students. These courses also fulfill Liberal Arts Core Courses at UNC. Cohort courses include ET 100, ENG 122, and UNIV 101 during the fall semester; and ENG 123 and LIB 123 during the spring semester. Class enrollment for these courses is limited to those students who are CHE/SSS program participants
- In-class and out-of-class writing support for ENG 122 and 123, and writing support for other course assignments
- Outstanding academic support from our professional advising team and peer advising team
- Ability to participate and further develop skills related to college success, financial literacy, internship and career opportunities through workshops series during the academic year
- Assistance in understanding the financial aid process
We hope that CHE can be a home away from home for our CHE participants - a place where they can always come for answers to their questions, find resources to solving problems, or find a community that will celebrate their successes.
If you are interested in applying to and participating in the CHE/SSS program, click here to download application.