Jump to main content

COVID-19: News and Campus Updates

Funding & Costs

Graduate Education at the University Northern Colorado is affordable and numerous resources exist to help you fund your education.

All nonresident, US citizens are eligible to become residents of Colorado after one year in the program. International students are classified as nonresidents during their entire degree programs. The cost of the program varies considerably for residents and nonresidents.

Visit UNC's Costs website to learn more.


We are typically able to offer a part time departmental assistantship to each incoming doctoral student. The position also includes a partial tuition waiver. In addition, there are positions offered across campus. Graduate School Assistantships

UNC Universal Scholarship Application

All admitted Counselor Education and Supervision students should fill out a UNC Universal Scholarship Application to be considered for scholarships and fellowships. Once the application is submitted students will be considered on an annual basis if they meet the minimum qualifications. The application is available through Ursa on the “Financial” tab. You must have a Bear number in order to apply.

Deadline: June 1st. 

Western Regional Graduate Program

Residents of one of the 15 participating states are eligible to enroll in available programs outside of their home state at resident tuition rates.

The Doctor of Philosophy degree is in the Western Regional Graduate Program. 

Learn more about the in-state tuition opportunities for WRGP programs.

Office of Financial Aid 

The Office of Financial Aid connects you  to financial solutions such as Grants, Scholarships, Student Employment and loans.

Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA*) at by our March 1 priority date to be considered for the maximum amount of financial aid. If you miss the March 1 deadline, you should still submit a FAFSA as soon as possible.

UNC’s Federal School Code: 001349.