The Cumbres Teacher Preparation Program recruits, supports and mentors undergraduate students who pursue a degree in education (Early Childhood, Elementary, Secondary or Special Education) and who also declare an endorsement in English as a Second Language (ESL) to work with and support our growing numbers of linguistically and culturally diverse students in K-12 education.
** For details regarding program requirements, please refer to the Program tab **
CONGRATULATIONS TO JORGE ANAYA-TINAJERO AND RUBY MANOLES, WHO WERE RECOGNIZED AS OUTSTANDING STUDENTS AT THE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION AND BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES HONORS CONVOCATION MARCH 31, 2015. WE ARE VERY PROUD OF YOU!
- Cumbres has more than 80 current students seeking licensure endorsements in English as Second Language (ESL).
- The average Cumbres student Grade Point Average (GPA) exceeds a 3.2 cumulative GPA.
- More than 70% of Cumbres students are considered to be first-generation college students.
- Cumbres students receive a $1,500 grant each year.
Some Cumbres students are members of UNC's:
- Boettcher's Scholars
- Daniel's Fund Scholars
- Presidential Leadership Program.
- University Honors Program
- McNair Scholars Program
- Stryker Institute for Leadership Development
- Greek Life
- Sigma Delta Pi (Spanish Honors Society)
- Housing and Residential Education
- Center for Human Enrichment
- Cultural Centers