Dean of Students Office
Our purpose is to help all students be successful at the University of Northern Colorado. We do that by enhancing and recognizing student learning and personal responsibility through:
- Encouraging the positive growth and development of students
- Helping in the resolution of student issues and concerns
- Serving as an information and referral center for students and the campus community
- Coordinating student recognition and awards programs for academic and leadership achievement
- Assisting student learning through values-centered accountability by administering the Bear Code
Please come visit! We are located on the second floor of the University Center.
How can we help?
Come see us in the University Center to share concerns and navigate difficult situations.
Policies and Procedures
All students at the University of Northern Colorado are bound by the Student Code of Conduct (BEAR Code). The BEAR Code serves to outline student rights and responsibilities as well as behavioral expectations.
Additional information about the following can be found in the Bear Code:
- Academic Appeals
- Academic Integrity
- Reporting Process
- Discrimination Policy
- Housing Policies
- Student Code of Conduct
- Title IX
- Tuition Appeals
President's Prize for Leadership Application
Applications will open Spring 2020
The Robert & Ludie Dickeson Presidential Prize for Leadership Award was established by the eighth president of the University of Northern Colorado, Robert Dickeson, and his wife, Ludie, in December of 1990. The award was created to acknowledge and reward student leadership on the UNC campus.
$1,000 prize – one awarded to one male student and one awarded to one female student.
To be eligible for this esteemed award, a student must be considered a leader by their peers, faculty, and the administration. The individual must be a graduating senior and have a minimum grade point average of 3.0.