Welcome to the Office of the Provost and the Division of Academic Affairs!
Kirsten Fleming, Ph.D. is the provost and executive vice president for academic affairs at the University of Northern Colorado, overseeing the Division of Academic Affairs. The Provost reports directly to the President, is a member of UNC’s Executive Staff, and collaborates with deans, faculty, staff, and students to support the academic goals of the university.
As the university’s chief academic officer, the Provost leads stewardship of UNC’s academic mission and institution-wide general direction of the instruction, research, scholarship, creative works, and outreach. The focus of Academic Affairs is to:
- Transform the lives of our students by focusing on the academic aspects of their success by making intentional decisions to meet their needs
- Design and deliver academic programs of high and eminent quality at the undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral levels
- Achieve international prominence in teaching, research, scholarship, creative works, and service
- Promote the advancement and application of original knowledge
- Serve faculty, staff, and students