What We Do...
- Process regular payroll for faculty, exempt staff, classified staff, non-student employees, students, TA's and GA's
- Pay personal service agreements
- Update and maintain tax withholding information (W-4's)
- Update and maintain direct deposit information
- Withhold and process appropriate payroll deductions
- Process and issue non-scheduled checks
- Issue W-2's
- Process Employment verification information
News To Note
W4, FAQ's and Withholding Estimator IRS released a new W4 with no allowance options. All new hires and any current employee wanting to change their W4 after 1/1/20 will have to complete a new W4. Above link has great FAQ's and New Withholding Estimator
Minimum Wage: Jan 1, 2022 students are $14.00
Direct Deposit for all employee types is a condition of employment and may be set up in the Payroll Office, Carter Hall, Room 2005.
Download Direct Deposit Form Direct Deposit Agreement
Senate Bill 18-200 Impact of Changes PERA Senate Bill 18-200 Impact of Changes
Seanate Bill 18-200 Impact of Changes Phased in 2% information
Payroll Services supports UNC's goals and missions by providing accurate and timely compensation for work performed and insuring we are at all times in compliance with all UNC, State, and Federal rules and regulations.