Workshops and Conferences
Fall 2018 Symposium
Information for the Fall Symposium will be available in early September.
Symposium Winners - Fall 2017 Symposium
Congratulations to the winners of UNC's Fall Symposium:
- Olufisayo Awolaja: Biology/Chemistry - "The Pollination and Reproductive Biology of Thermopsis divaricarpa in the Central Rocky Mountains"
- Katie Dorman: Earth Environmental Science/Business - "Ecological Health of the Poudre River"
- Paul McPhail: Ecology & Evolutionary Biology/Anthropology - "Environmental Factors regulating Swallow Bug populations"
Congratulations as well to the two runners up:
- Ace Spitzer: Biology - "Growing on a Scar: Population Genetics of a Colorado Wildflower"
- Jessica Czapla: Anthropology/Biology - "Estimating Biological Distance between Flexed and Supine Burials at the Ancient Greek City of Himera Using Dental Nonmetric Data"
Other presentations were given by:
- Pearl Marquez, Psychology - "Mindful Leaders and Employee Performance"
- Madeline Azari, Theatre Education - "The Four-Block Journey: Attending College in Your Hometown"
- Laya Buchanan, Geography/Economics - "An Analysis of Urbanization in Mongolia and Post-Soviet Central Asia"
- Jenna Zink, Audiology/Speech Language Sciences - "The Effect of TEchnology on Language Development in Children from Birth to Three"
- Applications for Fall Stipends will be due Sept. 28, 2018. Applications will be loaded to the website around Aug. 28.
- Abstracts for the Fall Symposium will be due Oct. 5, 2018.
- Reports from Spring & Summer Stipend Recipients: No later than November 30, 2018 (per the application statement)
- The Undergraduate Research Journal is currently accepting paper submissions
National Conference on Undergraduate Research
The 32nd Annual National Conference on Undergraduate Research, will be held at the University of Central Oklahoma in April 2018.
Abstract Submission Deadline
December 5, 2017
April 4-7, 2018
University of Central Oklahoma
Oklahoma City, OK
General Due Dates
All current due dates can be seen above in the right sidebar, however, in general here are the symposium and conference due dates:
- Fall Symposium abstracts are due generally in early October.
- NCUR abstracts are generally due in early December.