Training and Development
The Human Resource staff can also conduct training at your location for any department that would like to train a group of managers at one time. Contact Human Resources to get further information regarding scheduling this type of training. Below is a list of training documents available for use.
Supervisor Training Resources
- New Hire Orientation Training for Supervisors
- New Hire Orientation Guide for Supervisors
- Performance Management Program Classified
- Performance Management at UNC
Student Employer Training
LinkedIn Learning, formerly known as Lynda.com, contains courses for every step of your career, presented by a global network of instructors with real-world experience. UNC faculty, staff, GA/TA, and student employees now have access to LinkedIn Learning, which provides a customized learning experience featuring instructional content relevant to your professional interests and goals.
With LinkedIn Learning, you get:
- Unlimited access. Choose from over 5,000 video tutorials covering business, creative and technology topics.
- Personalized recommendations. Explore the most in-demand skills based on your experience.
- Expert instructors. Learn from industry leaders, all in one place.
- Convenient learning. Access courses on your schedule, from any desktop or mobile device.
- Helpful resources. Reinforce new knowledge with quizzes, exercise files and coding practice windows
How Can I Login?
- Go to the LinkedIn Learning Portal
- Use your unco.edu email address to access your account.
- Open the LinkedIn Learning Quick Guide to create your account.
There are two ways to login (depending on whether you've linked your personal account to the UNC Learning portal).
For questions, please contact UNC Training Specialist Koreen Myers at email@example.com or 351-3187.
Other Training Opportunities
- State of Colorado Training
- The Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning (CETL)
- Instructional Design and Development
- Campus Community & Climate Professional Development Series
Employee Tuition Grants
Permanent employees paid through Human Resources are eligible to enroll without tuition charges, on a space available basis, to take courses at UNC, CSU, or Aims Community College. Tuition paid is based on in-state tuition amounts. Out-of-state tuition charges are the responsibility of the employee. Allotted credit hours are based on the number of FTE the employee is assigned. For more information, contact Hannah Romero Swick at 970-351-2631 or read the Tuition Grant FAQs and turn in the Tuition Grant Request to Human Resources.