Welcome to CETL
The Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning (CETL) provides faculty-led workshops on pedagogy and assessment as well as individualized support for faculty and instructors.
What's New with CETL
Fall 2018 marks the start of an exciting new year for the Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning. We have a renewed focus on supporting teaching and assessment practices that facilitate effective learning environments in the classroom. Workshops and support on everything from the nuts and bolts of planning a syllabus to integrating high impact teaching and learning practices will be offered in 2018-2019.
What You Will Find in 2019
Professional development for faculty is most effective when it is designed and delivered by faculty for faculty. In academic year 2018-2019, Dr. Liz Gilbert and Dr. Rashida Banerjee will join CETL as Teaching and Learning Fellows. Drs. Gilbert and Banerjee will partner with UNC’s Faculty Assessment Fellows and other faculty to deliver workshops and design resources for effective teaching. Faculty will find new opportunities to:
- Learn more about the students in your classes
- Learn about what other faculty are doing in the classroom
- Get support on the fundamentals of teaching (planning a syllabus, designing learning activities, creating effective assignments and assessments, classroom management, and much more)
- Learn about high impact practices such as engaged learning, equity-minded classrooms, and strategies for improving student success
- Learn about using SSC Campus to facilitate and manage academic advising
2019 Teaching and Assessment Symposium
The Assessment Office and Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning hosted the Teaching and Assessment Symposium on March 26, 2019. This year’s event featured 18 posters, seven of which reported on projects funded by a 2018 Assessment Mini-Grants. 2019 Assessment Mini-Grants were announced.