Future Undergraduate Students
Did you know that approximately 70% of all UNC students receive some form of financial aid assistance? Understanding the financial aid process is an important step toward fulfilling your educational goals. Take the first step to receiving financial aid by filing your FAFSA. Learn more about all your options and completing your next steps by reviewing the below information.
For a quick review of aid, view our scholarship guides.
If you are transferring to the University of Northern Colorado from another college, you should:
- Let your former school know about the transfer as soon as possible so they can cancel any processed aid. Please be aware that aid from one school to another can vary greatly, due to differing costs of attendance, award requirements, etc.
- Request that your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) data be sent to UNC. This may be done by adding the appropriate school code to the FAFSA online (www.fafsa.ed.gov) or by calling 1-800-433-3243. UNC’s school code is 001349.
- Notify donors of any scholarships or grants from outside sources of your transfer so they can send future disbursements to the correct school.
DREAMer (undocumented/DACA) Students
To verify if you are ASSET eligible, and to find out more about resources we offer DREAMers, please look at our DREAMer at UNC Brochure (ENGLISH VERSION or SPANISH VERSION) and contact Rudy Vargas, Enrollment Coach and Recruiter at Rodolfo.Vargas@unco.edu or (970)-351-3397. For more information:
In addition to the UNC scholarship application, UNC does offer limited financial aid to students who meet the following criteria:
- Officially admitted to a degree seeking program
- Asset Eligible as based on the 2013 State of Colorado Asset Bill
- Determined Financially needy based upon the completion of the State of Colorado CASFA.