Assessment at the University of Northern Colorado
The Office of Assessment promotes program quality and student learning by providing leadership, support, and training on effective assessment practices. We aim to be a dynamic and supportive partner to members of the University community and a national model for effective practice by encouraging:
- Excellence in assessment and evaluation;
- Collaboration with University personnel and programs;
- Continuous adaptation and improvement;
- Value-added support and training; and
- Ethical practice.
Working collaboratively with faculty, staff, and administrators, we will:
- Facilitate program review and accreditation;
- Provide technical support in the development and implementation of assessment activities;
- Prepare and disseminate internal and external reports of assessment findings;
- Enhance faculty and staff knowledge and proficiency in the use of effective assessment;
- Plan, implement, and evaluate institution-wide assessments of student needs and outcomes and other institutional priorities;
- Support and/or conduct special research projects related to student, program, and institutional assessment;
- Promote a community of assessment scholarship through presentations and publications; and
- Recognize and celebrate innovative and successful assessment practices.