Academic Effectiveness promotes learning across all levels of the university through assessment and accreditation, faculty support and development, and comprehensive instructional design services. The guiding values of the Division of Academic Effectiveness are:
- Student learning outcomes and experiences are the primary measures of success and effectiveness.
- Programs, services, and operations are responsive to campus stakeholder needs and interests and advance the university’s mission.
- Equity and inclusion are infused through everything we do.
- Evidence-based practice and data-informed assessment guide planning, implementation, and evaluation of all programs, services, and operations.
- Resource decisions focus on maximizing efficiencies and impact.
Center for the Enhancement of Teaching & Learning
Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning advances teaching excellence by providing professional learning opportunities and resources on pedagogy, equity-minded practice, curriculum development, instructional models, and student learning assessment.
Instructional Design & Development
Instructional Design and Development provides support, consultation, and training on designing, developing, and delivering high quality courses through instructional design and development, the production of learning objects and media, Canvas, and other instructional technologies.
Assessment & Accreditation
Assessment and Accreditation is responsible for administering program review, institutional accreditation with the Higher Learning Commission, program and institutional assessment of student learning, and institutional surveys.