Academic Effectiveness promotes learning across all levels of the university through assessment and accreditation, faculty support and development, and comprehensive instructional design services. The guiding values of the Division of Academic Effectiveness are:
- Student learning outcomes and experiences are the primary measures of success and effectiveness.
- Programs, services, and operations are responsive to campus stakeholder needs and interests and advance the university’s mission.
- Equity and inclusion are infused through everything we do.
- Evidence-based practice and data-informed assessment guide planning, implementation, and evaluation of all programs, services, and operations.
- Resource decisions focus on maximizing efficiencies and impact.
Center for the Enhancement of Teaching & Learning (CETL)
Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning advances teaching excellence by providing professional learning opportunities and resources on pedagogy, equity-minded practice, curriculum development, instructional models, and student learning assessment.
Instructional Design & Development (IDD)
Instructional Design and Development provides support, consultation, and training on designing, developing, and delivering high quality courses through instructional design and development, the production of learning objects and media, Canvas, and other instructional technologies.
The Office of Assessment works to improve student learning at the program and institutional levels through leadership on effective assessment and evaluation practices, guidelines and policies related to assessment of learning and program review, and resources and support for faculty and staff.
Accreditation and State Authorization
Academic Effectiveness is responsible for providing leadership and guidance on HLC accreditation and State Authorization for distance education. Major activities include 4- and 10-year institutional self-study, substantive change monitoring and reporting, and compliance with NC-SARA requirements.
LEARN MORE ABOUT ACCREDITATION