Financial Aid Scholarship
Scholarships are awarded based upon merit or talent and do not need to be paid back. Generally, scholarships are not awarded based upon financial need. UNC offers a variety of scholarships to help pay for the cost of education.
See the full list of UNC Scholarships here.
Scholarships are awarded in three different ways at UNC:
- Admissions Application- Your application for admission to UNC, along with relevant transcripts and test scores, are used to determine your eligibility for a scholarship. For more information, visit the UNC Admissions Web page.
All UNC admission based scholarships, including but not limited to the UNC Provost, Presidential & Trustee awards, are considered by UNC to be the university’s match for the Yellow Ribbon Program. Please contact the Office of Financial aid about other scholarship applicability.
- UNC Universal Scholarship Application –This application allows you to apply for scholarships available through the UNC Foundation. The application is available through Ursa on the “Financial” tab. You must have a Bear number in order to apply.
Opens: January 1
Deadline: March 1-New Freshman and Continuing students
June 1-New Transfer, Graduate, and International students
- Talent Auditions –These scholarships are awarded at Department discretion. If you have questions, please contact the Department directly.
Art & Design (970) 351-2143
Theatre, (970) 351-1921
Music, (970) 351-2679
Athletics, (970) 351-2534
Private/External Scholarships are awards given by an outside agency to a student to pay for educational expenses. The following policies pertain to private scholarships:
- Checks should be made payable to the University of Northern Colorado for the benefit of the student. Checks can be mailed to:
University of Northern Colorado
Office of Financial Aid c/o Scholarships
1005 Carter Hall, Campus Box 33
Greeley, CO 80639
- Checks should be received in the Office of Financial Aid by August 1 for Fall semester and by January 1 for Spring semester.
- Students must be enrolled as requyired by the donor.
- All scholarship checks received for more then $999.00 in the UNC Office of Financial Aid will be scheduled to pay in two equal disbursements (one for Fall and one for Spring semester), unless otherwise noted in writing by the donor.
- Unused scholarship funds are returned to the donor when students are not enrolled or transfer to another school.
- All funds awarded to students as scholarships, grants, awards, stipends, and student loans are paid through the Office of Financial Aid. All funds paid to students in exchange for work performed at the University are paid through the Payroll Office.
Questions? Please contact the Office of Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org or (970) 351-2502.
The University of Northern Colorado, as an institution, does not discriminate in employment, admission, or in the provision of services or access to facilities on the bases of race, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, military service, or political affiliation. The designated official for University compliance is the Director of Human Resources, Carter Hall, University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, CO 80639.