New to UNC
- Buying a computer? UNC has partnered with Dell to bring our students some amazing deals. Check out UNC's Personal Computer Buying guide for more information.
- Need to print? You may not find that you need your own printer; printers are available all over campus with Bear Print. Visit the Bear Print guide for more information.
- Nervous about accessing your courses online? Visit the UNC's introductory course - Canvas for Students.
- Need software? Visit the Microsoft Office 365 Online Portal. You can also download the software for students. Simply click on the "Install" link while visiting the online portal. Students can also receive a discount on the Adobe CC suite with their Bear email address. Visit the Adobe CC Student buying guide for more information.
- Wi-Fi: Need to get connected? Visit UNC Wireless Help - Students.
- Accounts: Your UNC student account is the username and password you use to access most of UNC's services including Ursa, Canvas and Email. All student email address end with @bears.unco.edu.
- Getting Help: Our Technical Support Center (TSC) is happy to help with questions, troubleshooting, and more! Contact the TSC through email at email@example.com. Visit at Carter Hall Room 3006 or call at 970-351-HELP (4357).
Search the knowledge base or submit a help ticket through the Technical Support Center (TSC) Portal.
Access Ursa (Banner) for course registration, financial aid, Bear Print accounts, and more.
Access to UNC's learning management system. This is where you can find your courses, assignments, and grades.
The University Bookstore has online resources to help students find the textbooks needed for upcoming courses.
UNC has a dedicated network for students. You can access the network by choosing UNC-Student. If you are having problems connecting to the network, please see our help article.
Access the online version of Office 365. On the portal's main page, you can click on the OneDrive icon to access saved files.
Professors may ask you to join a class or office hours via Zoom. Watch a the video tutorial on how to Join a Zoom Meeting.
Would you like to connect your gaming or streaming device to UNC's wireless network? First, you must register your device.
Antivirus software is available to the university Microsoft community at no charge, for home use only.
For Mac users we recommend that they take advantage of whatever free anti-malware product that their ISP might provide. Here are a couple of quality anti-malware products which are made available at no charge to Mac users.