Outdoor Pursuits Ropes Course
Ropes Course Reservations for the 2019 season are sold out. Reservations for the 2020 season will be accepted beginning in February.
The UNC Ropes Course provides adventure-based educational opportunities intended to facilitate personal and group growth through a learning experience that incorporates both theory and practice. We are a catalyst for challenging people to go beyond their perceived boundaries, to work with others to solve problems, and to experience success.
The UNC Ropes Course is fun, supportive, and challenging and aims to foster cooperation rather than competition, where success is achieved through the simple act of trying. Non-competitive games, group problem-solving initiatives, and challenge course events (low and high elements) are used to help individuals and groups achieve their objectives. Throughout the program, participants are encouraged to think creatively, and are guided to discover innovative ways to work together.
Our Ropes Course programs can be custom tailored to meet your group’s needs and desired outcomes. The programs we offer generally consist of two different types, and can be combined to provide a total experience for your group.
A group will not be reserved until the following criteria is met:
- $100 deposit
- Signed contract
- Proof of liability insurance
After completion of the event, the $100 deposit will apply to the final bill. If you have questions related to the UNC Ropes Course, please contact Whitney Dyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your group can't meet the participant minimum of 8, please contact us immediately. If you cancel within 30 days of your reservation your $100 deposit is non-refundable.
Costs vary depending on program type and length.
1.5-Hour Group Development Activities
- On-campus groups: $7/person
- Non profit or groups under 18 years: $10/person
- Professional Organizations: $13/person
4-Hour Low and High Elements
Low and High Ropes Course Elements for 4 hours.
- On-campus groups: $20/person
- Non profit or groups under 18 years: $25/person
- Professional Organizations: $30/person
6-Hour Low and High Elements
Low and High Ropes Course Elements for 6 hours.
- On-campus groups: $30/person
- Non profit or groups under 18 years: $35/person
- Professional Organizations: $45/person
All participants are required to adhere to the following Ropes Course Policies. We expect all participants to pay attention, be involved and ask questions while we present safety rules and procedures.
Safety is our priority, and we reserve the right to cancel programming at any point.
- Jewelry is not permitted, this includes but is not limited to: necklaces, earrings, studs, nose rings, watches and rings.
- Long hair must be tied up
- Wear closed toed athletic footwear that have shoe laces.
- Any other type of footwear is not permitted
- Clothing should be weather appropriate
- Excessively short shorts and tank tops clothing are not allowed
- Please bring refillable water bottles
- No tobacco products, gum, candy permitted
- No drug