Campus Recreation Center Policies
All Campus Recreation Center members and guests are required to follow all policies.
UNC Campus Recreation Health, Safety, and Attire Policy
Campus Recreation strives to ensure a safe, affirming, welcoming, and inclusive environment for UNC students, faculty and staff through open and considerate dialogue, mutual understanding, and respect for individual differences. We recognize and celebrate the diverse characteristics and backgrounds within our UNC community by facilitating a climate where everyone can participate, engage, and represent themselves safely and comfortably.
We have developed the following policies to ensure the safety and well-being of everyone who uses the Recreation Center and the equipment.
- Facial coverings are required at all times in all Campus Recreation spaces and during programming.
- We ask everyone to remove clothing with zippers or studs that might damage the equipment.
- We ask everyone to remove clothing or equipment which designed to increase sweating or that might be caught in equipment. These include hooded sweatshirts, vinyl clothing, multiple layers, etc.
- Athletic Shoes in all activity areas must be non-marking and fully enclose the foot. Official Campus Recreation sanctioned activities, such as Yoga Class, are the only exception to this policy.
Our professional and student staff receive consistent training to maintain equity-minded approaches to Attire Policy conversations and we take an educational approach when enforcing the Campus Recreation Attire Policy.
Help Us Maintain a Safe and Healthy Space
We recognize the importance of feeling comfortable while you exercise, which includes wearing clothing of varying styles. When choosing your style, please consider that you have control over limiting infectious diseases, such as Coronavirus, MRSA, Staph, Influenza, and blood borne pathogens. Campus Recreation staff clean equipment throughout the day, but rely on members to take pride in this student fee funded facility by helping to keep spaces clean, sanitary, and safe through these equipment hygiene tips:
- Please use the Gym Wipes located in silver dispenser cans to clean equipment after each use;
- Please use small sweat towels to create a barrier between equipment padding and your head, shoulders, and skin;
- Please cover any open cuts, wounds or sores with a bandage or wrap.
- First aid supplies are available to members at the Front Desk.
- Limit skin-to-pad contact (i.e. exposed leg or arm skin contact with equipment padding);
- Avoid skin-to-skin contact by wearing shirts during high-contact activities and games.
- Pinnies are available at Front Desk.
- If experiencing fever, or other symptoms, please consider waiting 24 hours before resuming activity in Rec Center facilities and programming.
This Attire Policy was jointly development by representatives from Campus Recreation, Center for Women’s and Gender Equity (CWGE), Campus Recreation Advisory Board, Professional Administrative Staff Council (PASC), Classified Staff Council (CSC), Student Employee Board (SEB), and Student Senate. These groups prioritized the health and safety of patrons and equipment to guide policy decision making. If you wish to discuss the Rec Center policies, please contact us at (970)351-2062
Entry and Access
Members must present a valid UNC ID or Recreation Center Membership Card to gain entry to the Rec Center.
Members that forget their ID or who have a damaged card can access the facility once by presenting another form of identification and state their Bear ID number. These patrons will also be required to sign a waiver stating that they understand the policies of the Campus Recreation Center.
Under this policy, they confirm that they will need to have their card problem resolved before their next visit or their access will be denied.
Personal belongings should be locked in a locker for your protection and for the safety of others. If you choose not to use a locker, please store your items in one of the cubbies in the cardiovascular area or on the bleachers in the gyms.
The Campus Recreation Center is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Campus Rec Hours
Operating on Normal Hours
Fall 2020 Academic Hours
Mon - Thurs: 6am - 9pm
Fri: 6am - 6pm
Sat: 12pm - 5pm
Sun: 12pm - 9pm