About Campus Recreation
The Department of Campus Recreation strives to provide facilities, activities and services for persons of all ability levels and interests. Campus Recreation creates a supportive environment to ensure all participants have a positive experience.
Campus Recreation is committed to being the very best at programming with distinct purpose. We will reach beyond traditional industry standards to enhance the total development of students through each aspect of recreational programming. We envision a dynamic array of programs that positively engage and develop community between students as well as a long-term commitment to the University of Northern Colorado.
UNC has been a proud member of NIRSA since 1979, and has had many students and staff attend state, regional, and national conferences.
Provide experiential learning and leadership opportunities through recreational programs and services that enhance the collegiate experience.
Create a cohesive community and welcoming environment which embraces diversity and collaboration through social engagement.
Offer programs and services that build a foundation for holistic lifestyles and continual wellness growth.
Inclusivity & Diversity
Campus Recreation strives to ensure a safe, affirming, and nurturing environment for the UNC community. Inherent in this mission is a belief that a strong community is built upon, and enriched by, both commonalities and differences. We recognize and celebrate the fact that UNC students, staff, and faculty have diverse characteristics and backgrounds.
We actively demonstrate our commitment to the success of all community members through our programs, policies, and services. We foster a welcoming environment based upon open and considerate dialogue, mutual understanding, and respect for individual differences. We are committed to social justice as a tool to create change within our department, our campus, and local and global communities.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Understand how physical activity improves health
- Recognize connection to the campus community and build peer relationships
- Integrate knowledge and skills to improve personally and academically
- Learn to work as a team and resolve conflicts through Intramural and Club Sports participation
- Experience leadership opportunities to improve communication, listening, time management skills and improve self-confidence
- Students will develop a understanding of sustainability and environmental issues through Outdoor Pursuits programs participation.
- Discover ways to achieve fitness goals to manage weight and stress.
- Establish respect for differences through diverse interactions